Macys.com is in search of an experienced Enhancements Designer to join a its Creative Design team focused on adding new, fresh, fun & effective functionality to our retail eCommerce site. The right candidate will join an entrepreneurial San Francisco-based team of Designers & Copywriters that works closely with our Customer Experience (Product Management & User Experience), Technology, Site Merchandise, & Marketing Operations departments. This fast-paced and innovative team will work in a highly agile & collaborative manner in Agile environments here in San Francisco, while also maintaining close ties with New York City Creative & Marketing Strategy partners. The Enhancements Designer will develop tools and features that assist our customer and further the company’s Omnichannel objectives, facilitating Macy’s continued growth within the retail marketplace. Responsibilities include but are not limited to being current with market trends & user interaction, staying on top of the external competitive landscape, and working to translate Macy’s business strategy into effective tools for our customer. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Primary focus will be to support Agile Development Teams with eCommerce enhancements specifically geared towards interactive website experiences (Examples include: desktop, tablet & mobile design; page template creation; account, bag & checkout overhaul; navigation redesign; customer service interface design, social integration, etc.).
- Partner with cross-functional teams to support Creative Direction with regards to design, customer experience, site usability, architecture, & functionality.
- Participate in product conceptualization sessions.
- Create, deliver, and execute design layouts & mark-ups for each website enhancement.
- Generate specs when required for interactive website templates.
- Additional creative design projects as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Degree in Graphic Design or other related field or comparable work experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years web design experience is required.
- Online or Interactive Portfolio Required.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch on Mac OSX platform required.
- Working Knowledge of Omnigraffle, Axure, and/or Visio a plus.
- History of working in Lean/Agile environments a plus.
- Understanding of User Experience methodologies a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Fashion-forward and sophisticated taste level.
- Comparable retail experience similar to Macy’s is a big plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly relating to usability of the site for our customers.
- Ability to execute on short timelines.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.