The Analyst, Marketing Analytics is responsible for analysis, measurement, and reporting for Macy’s paid digital media channels – display, paid social, online audio, and online video.
The Analyst, Marketing Analytics is responsible for providing analysis and insights to optimize performance of the media tactics. They will measure A/B test results and recommend move forward approach to media teams. The analyst will work collaboratively with media teams, marketing systems team, and Macy’s media agency.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead the application of insights to influence marketing strategies that drive measurable growth in digital media programs – display, social, retargeting, online audio, online video.
- Aid in design, measurement, evaluation, and recommendations of A/B testing with the goal of optimizing ROI and maximizing omnichannel sales for media channels.
- Broaden scope of KPIs for media channels. Drive optimization based on customer centric metrics.
- Standardize and automate ongoing reporting using Tableau.
- Work with marketing systems team to ensure data is passed correctly to enable analysis. Includes defining tagging, QA of data, defining data requirements for new vendors, etc.
Create sales plans and benchmarks for media channels to aid in measuring success of the programs.
- Identify business trends and shifts, and recommend data-driven responses and recommendations to the Marketing organization.
- Utilize Macy’s analytics toolset (Hadoop, Tableau, web analytics tools, media agency tools, etc.) to analyze and report on business results.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- BA/BS Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Economics or other quantitative field preferred).
- 2+ years of experience using data to develop business insights and recommendations.
- Experience analyzing performance of paid marketing programs (CPM and CPC).
- Experience writing complex SQL queries.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following analytics tools: Tableau, SAS, R, IBM Digital Analytics, Google Analytics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communications skills (written/verbal) and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with partners across all levels of the company.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills – skilled at analyzing and deriving meaningful insights out of complex data and translating that into actionable strategies.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Strong Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.