Bloomingdale's Executive Development Program (EDP) - Store Management "Nationwide Opportunities"
The Bloomingdale's Executive Development Program (EDP) is your first step in developing your leadership skills to successfully manage mulit-million dollar businesses. Our developmental curriculum provides the skills and confidence needed for you to lead a team of professionals in our stores. As an EDP you will serve as a selling leader to cultivate a team that is intuitively responsive to the needs of our upscale clientele. You will have exposure to all functional areas of retail from leadership, human resources, promotional events, business analysis, problem solving, buying and planning, visual merchandising and store operations. We will guide you on how to recruit, attract and retain the top professionals in the industry. You will build problem solving and collaboration skills as well as influencing and presentation skills. You will learn how the store team works to maximize sales opportunity by leveraging our core values (People, Service and Loyalty). After the successful completion you will be promoted to lead and inspire our store professionals to achieve business results.
All hourly associates are eligible to receive a quarterly bonus incentive, colleague discounts and the opportunity to be a part of an iconic brand. Certain criteria must be met to receive the quarterly bonus incentive.
Essential functions of EDP:
- Develop and inspire a world class team while applying leadership skills learned in Executive Development Program
- Developmental courses; virtual self lead and classroom style facilitated by subject matter experts
- Strategically plan and implement a project to highlight your leadership accomplishments
- Inspire others to drive business results. Recruit, interview and select a team of highly engaged professionals
- Enhancing problems solving skills to manage complex relationships
- Work in a fast-paced, competitive and constantly changing environment
- Engage with our communities through strong philanthropic support
- Appointed a Senior Executive and peer mentor to provide you with additional guidance and coaching.
- Ongoing executive education and development throughout your career
- Bachelor's degree with a solid academic record, all majors welcomed
- Leadership skills that include professional business ethics, assertiveness and self-motivation
- Ability to solve problems and manage complex relationships
- Ability to prioritize projects and execute multiple tasks to achieve productivity and business goals
- Strong business background including analytical skill to strategize data and draw conclusions
- Willingness to relocate as you advance in your career may increase your chances for more frequent promotions
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.