The inner workings of a multi-million dollar retail department store are both complex and dynamic. As a key player on a store leadership team, you’ll learn the challenges and collaborate on the solutions. Plus, you’ll get a firsthand introduction to the strategies and partnerships that will make you highly successful in this exciting, fast-paced program.
Available nationwide, this 8-week paid Store Management Internship will give you exposure to all facets of leading a store including customer service, merchandising, business analysis, store operations, associate development, human resources, and asset protection.
- Work through weekly assignments, and prepare a capstone business-driving project and presentation with a mentor.
- Experience all facets of running a multi-million dollar department store through cross-functional departmental and operational exposures.
- Attend regional Intern Summits, an opportunity to learn more about our business and network with fellow interns and members of the leadership team.
- Assist with creating a customer-focused selling environment by assisting with coaching and developing a team of associates.
- Assist with driving sales and profit through a range of different activities including managing the daily operation of our stores, training and coaching associates, and analyzing trends alongside business partners who influence merchandise selections that better meet our customers’ needs.
- Interact with store manager and field merchant teams to obtain greater insight into the multitude of career opportunities available in our organization.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- To be eligible for our internship, you should be in your junior year, on your way to earning a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
A cumulative 3.0 GPA minimum is preferred.
All majors will be considered for this opportunity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
Organizational skills are crucial to being successful in this role.
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze data to make decisions.
- Leadership experience and ability to solve problems and drive results through others.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
May involve close vision, color, vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
May involve moving or lifting items up to 30 pounds.
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, self-motivation, and curiosity about developing a modern retail business.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
With a flexible schedule that includes your input, you are able to maximize both work/life balance and the ability to run your business effectively.
Location and Start Date:
The Store Management Internship is offered in stores located in key regional markets including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco/Bay Area, Miami and Houston. The program starts in June.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.