Macys.com’s UI Development team develops the highly scalable and light weight web applications that create a rich and responsive customer experience for macys.com and bloomingdales.com on desktop, tablets and mobile devices.
We are seeking a UI developer who has a successful history of analysis, design and implementation in a business-critical environment. The primary area of focus will be the development of the web presentation layer using some of the latest technologies for design, coding and testing of medium to large application components. UI Developers are expected to work closely with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Developers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. Performed other duties as assigned.
- Design, implement and unit test Web Application code.
- Participate, and take a leadership role, in the full SDLC, including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Collaborate with Architects and other Software Development resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
- A customer-centric mentality/passion for building products with great UX.
- An engineering mindset and strong consideration of the tradeoffs present in every decision.
- Strong, supported, opinions about the right ways to do things that you aren’t afraid to defend.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1+ years experience with jQuery.
- 1+ years experience with Frontend Frameworks.
- Familiarity with Node/npm.
- Solid understanding of Accessibility concerns and SEO fundamentals.
- Experience with modern browser technologies and cross platform challenges.
- 1+ years experience with Git.
- 1+ years experience with templating paradigms such as Mustache, Handlebars.
- Experience with CSS preprocessing frameworks such as SASS/SCSS or LESS.
- Strong understanding of design patterns: Object-oriented development, client-side MVC.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Strong UI, design, and communication skills, and a positive attitude.
- Experience with Backbone Preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.