Our Macy’s Marketing Systems team is the proud owner of all platforms, services and solutions needed to power our Omni-Channel marketing program that engages with millions of Macy’s customers every day. Understanding the business strategy, strategic and tactical opportunities, business operations and technology, Marketing Systems team brings together systems, data and operations to deliver best in class marketing technologies. We enable and empower Macy’s marketing and analytics teams with marketing customer management capabilities, big data analytics solutions and operational support. We are team of passionate marketers, analysts and technologists who thrive on simple and elegant solution design, we enable the architecture and delivery of end-to-end marketing workflows and we own the tool sets used by marketing organization. Innovation is at our core to stay ahead of our customer and the industry landscape. We are working on personalization services, Big-Fast data, portable audiences, right time analytics, scalability & high availability, diagnostics, and automated content delivery and monitoring. We invest in innovation and our rAPID structures foster empowerment of our team members as we build next generation capabilities for our customers. Come get challenged in a fast, agile environment with other A- players.
As Sr. Director, Marketing Systems, your mission would be to deliver marketing technology solutions and systems for orchestration, content delivery and business automation. In addition, evolve analytics & reporting capabilities to provide fast, easy and real-time measurement, predictive analytics and call to action data points. This Individual would be responsible for implementation, leverage and operational excellence of Email, Mobile, Direct Mail, Search and Affiliate marketing systems (Oracle Responsys, Localytics, mGage, SAS Marketing automation) marketing partner integration (tags and feeds), analytics capabilities (Hadoop, GCP BigQuery, Tableau, modeling tools), digital analytics (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, MarketShare, etc.), site personalization (Adobe Target) and other marketing technology components across the enterprise.
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing - the Sr. Director, Marketing Systems would lead these teams and systems, in close partnership with all business/technology functions. This role is very critical for the success of the company given the importance of data and analytics in operations and decision-making. This role will require not only technical skills to drive the marketing technology solutions but also a deep business understanding and willingness to work with multiple business/technology partners, sponsors and solution providers.
This is a challenging and senior leadership position that requires strategic leadership, exceptional technical/analytics skills, and strong management and communication skills working with staff, senior management, and external partners. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead Marketing Systems function to deliver marketing and analytics solutions.
- Direct the implementation and execution of new projects and enhancements.
- Support day-to-day marketing operations and users across following business functions (Analytics, Retention Marketing, Search and Affiliate Marketing).
- Provide automation, monitoring and operational excellence across supported tools, processes and workflows.
- Responsible for marketing technology tool stack.
- Big-Data Analytics - Hadoop, GCP BigQuery, Tableau, H2O AI, SAS, etc.
- Digital Analytics - Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, MarketShare, etc.
- Retention Marketing - SAS Marketing Automation & Optimization, Oracle Responsys, Localytics, mGage, SHQ, etc.
- Search and Affiliate - Kenshoo, Rakuten, Google.
- Partner Integration (feeds and tags).
- Site Personalization and A/B testing - Adobe Target.
- Drive completive advantage through data asset management and utilization.
- Lead innovation and improvements across marketing technology stack and workflows.
- Manage a team of 30+ directors, managers, solution architects, systems & business analysts.
- You would be the leader and manager of your team, responsible for hiring, retaining and developing the talent.
- Mentor and coach leaders reporting to the position and all manager positions.
- Provides direction and directives to direct reports in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives.
- You would be responsible to plan & manage the budget for your teams and projects. Work to control the cost and increase efficiency while maintaining quality and service.
- You would be responsible for project and resource planning for your areas.
- You would be responsible for partnership and collaboration with various cross-functional teams like product management, process, technology, infrastructure, operations and business teams etc.
- Responsible to ensure successful execution of marketing strategies by being the technical voice for solution design and governance.
- Ensures that Macys customer experience is effective and best-in-class.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- MA/MS required; BA/BS in Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred.
- Overall 12+ years of combined experience in marketing technology, high volume enterprise reporting & analytics systems, interactive tactic management, and eCommerce.
- 7+ years of experience in managing and overseeing enterprise level programs, which require extensive collaboration across various groups in a matrix organization.
- 5+ years of extensive reporting & analytics or data solution delivery.
- 5+ years of marketing technologies and automation solution delivery.
- 5+ years of experience with open source technology technologies preferably within a high volume eCommerce environment.
- Expertise in modernizing marketing and analytics systems.
- Self-driven, passionate leader and evangelist with expertise and experience of delivering full life cycle of architecture & engineering centered projects.
- Expert leader at delivery and execution in an agile and lean development environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, strategic thinking and organizational planning skills.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Thinker and planner – able to see potential issues and requirements ahead of time, plan and execute them.
- Experience and passion to work in a fast paced Agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations.
- Experience and knowledge of cloud enabled services / applications.
- Current on technology, data and solution trends and emerging capabilities.
- Demonstrate third-party vendor negotiation skills.
- Strong general knowledge in Internet Technology and Software Development Lifecycle, including current industry trends and their application.
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, and training diverse personnel in business, development, operations and quality assurance teams focusing on high performance and professional development.
- Ability to balance and align near term needs with mid-term opportunities and long term goals.
- Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations.
- Demonstrable presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.