The Senior Business Systems Analyst enables Macy’s marketing with data and data management solutions. As a member of the marketing systems team, the Senior Business Systems Analyst acts as a liaison between the business users and the technology teams to advocate marketing data, processes, data marts and systems/applications. The Senior Business Systems Analyst’s function is detail intensive, requiring the accurate capture and translation of data requirements (both tactical and analytical needs) and validation/verification of the working solution. This role requires an understanding of mobile and email marketing tactic disciplines. They should be self-driven and highly motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and business stakeholders to understand objectives, provide support in developing technical solutions and documents, review and approve requirements to attain overall business objectives.
- Align Marketing systems initiatives with business vision and strategy.
- Drive discussions with technical resources, and prioritize actions to ensure rapid and effective solutions.
- Perform requirement analysis and SWOT analysis.
- Create and maintain detailed business documentation, use cases and data flows.
- Establish critical interface contracts.
- Participate in planning and design discussions, identify and compare options, and document decisions on final technical solutions.
- Identify unmet customer needs and develop possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs.
- Identify upstream and downstream impacts of a solution and work with internal and external business partners to affectively convert them to increase ROI.
- Define acceptance criteria for each project.
- Establish and coordinate user acceptance testing and plan.
- Support vendor integration, SLA monitoring and process governance.
- Present status, milestones and issues to management and other stakeholders related to assigned projects.
- With understanding of marketing system and data needs, proactively identify gaps in data coverage and identify required enhancements and opportunities for improvement.
- Work with customers to bring clarity to translate high-level requirements into actionable and achievable products.
- Identify potential data quality risks, and partner with operations teams to take preemptive measures where necessary.
- Able to prioritize and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Be a team player and build strong partnerships.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- BA/BS Degree, advanced degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of Business System Analyst experience or more of the following areas: product/program management, systems/business analysis, and other relevant technology roles.
- 3+ years working experience with databases.
- 3+ years SQL, HTML.
- Understanding of API/JSON functionality.
- Understanding of Email and Mobile marketing tactic, Data Warehousing, BI and analytics. tools, Retail Systems, MDM, Customer data management.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior management, architects, data modelers, data visualization experts, and developers.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Comfortable working independently to achieve successful results with minimal guidance.
- Confidently handle multiple projects simultaneously and under deadlines.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Possess an analytical mindset and demonstrable critical thinking skills.
- Ability to navigate and drive clarity in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Strong estimating and planning skills.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services environment.
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Finely tuned attention to detail and well organized.
- Proclivity for learning new systems and technology for future incorporation.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.