This new business unit within the Brand Experience team is a narrative-driven concept store within select Macy’s doors. Rotating retail installations curated around a themed subject matter introduce guests to a fresh array of products, brands, and experiences. Events that range from panel discussions to craft events bring each themed concept to life. Cross-category merchandising adds an expert curator’s eye, delivering surprise and delight for customers.
We are looking for smart, outgoing, creative, friendly, engaging and confident individuals for full time or part-time New Retail Concept Colleague positions. Our Colleagues wear multiple hats; they serve as the face of our brand, interact with customers to deliver exceptional customer service, share our unique approach towards retail, and help build our community. The ideal candidate is flexible, positive, high energy, and loves connecting with people and getting them excited about our products. S/he is a self-starter, unfazed by challenges and excited by the ever-changing nature of our business and wants to contribute to an energetic, growing team!
- Provide the most amazing customer service on the sales floor.
- Connect with customers on the sales floor and share knowledge about featured brands/products to drive product sales through customer engagement.
- Act as an ambassador of our brand and unique retail concept by living our values and conveying brand messages.
- Maintain floor presentation standards and restock merchandise throughout the day.
- Balance multiple priorities and using good judgment to manage time.
- Work store events in whatever capacity is required to ensure successful execution and seamless customer experience.
- Support store operations on an ongoing basis and during changeover periods when the narrative theme changes.
- Ensure receipt of new merchandise, unpack new merchandise, set up back-stock, store-build-out, place new floor coverings, merchandise incoming inventory according to visual guidelines, pack unsold inventory to be delivered to the distribution center, reconfigure store fixtures to prepare new layout and visual presentation for upcoming theme.
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and be capable of giving expert style advice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
What you will bring to the table:
- You love to engage with people. You’re the person who strikes up a conversation and makes a connection.
- You are excited to work in a fast-paced, startup environment within a large company and are an effective problem solver.
- You have prior retail and/or customer service experience and an understanding of the need to do things differently and better in today’s retail world.
- You take pride in your work and will do what it takes to get a job done well.
- You maintain a positive outlook and love to smile.
- You are detail-oriented.
- You are eager to learn new things.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Prior retail and/or customer service experience is desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Detail oriented.
- Takes pride in work they are doing.
- Maintain a positive outlook.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.