The Digital Manager, Digital Tactics is a comprehensive and influential role. The position requires partnership with the Digital Director, Buyer, and Merchandise Marketing Team on content marketing and online promotional strategies in support of total company strategy. The leader must be able to develop a strategic vision, with a progressive, customer centric-approach all while holding teams accountable for delivering on sales, profit objectives, and the tactics of the day to day operations to support execution on the digital strategy. A fundamental requirement is to be able to build trust with their teams and key collaborators. This role requires the ability to influence leadership on Macy’s wide Marketing execution strategies. Another key requirement is to demonstrate curiosity in a much broader and more complex business environment transcending our traditional competitive landscape in order to re-engage our customer. Performs other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Digital Manager, Digital Tactics will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented leader, business partner and change agent who can lead through influence and who possesses professional maturity and industry credibility. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and effective in partnering closely with the Buyer to create marketing strategies related to online promotions, search/affiliate marketing and email/site advertising. Candidates must be comfortable with quickly evaluating and sun-setting legacy approaches that no longer align to the strategy. The ideal candidate will be known for both vision and an equally strong orientation for speed.
The successful candidate will:
- Make “company first” decisions.
- Partner with Digital Director, Buyer, and Merchandise Marketing Team to drive site marketing strategies to maximize online productivity.
- Size growth opportunities, edit for clarity, and ensure localization initiatives differentiate Macy’s.
- Reduce complexity, act decisively, model agility in leadership style.
- Have the temperament to lead and motivate the teams.
- Have solid understanding and focus on the digital experience and technology business drivers.
- Have ability to set and to deliver on a strategic category vision that aligns to the North Star strategy.
- Communicate with candor and value open debate to ensure the best ideas come to life.
- Influence and collaborate with Buyer on promotional pricing strategies (i.e. POS and permanent markdowns).
- Test site experience to ensure strategy is accurately supported across multiple platforms (i.e. desktop versus mobile).
- Collaborate with Digital Director and Digital Manager, Site Execution to ensure consistency and best in class attribution standards that support marketing needs/reporting.
- Develop marketing strategies including emails, banners & browse media ads (BMAs) with linking to drive digital performance.
- Drive monthly marketing tactics (i.e. product listing ads (PLAs) and Affiliates) and coordinate with marketing partners to develop recommendations for search and affiliate marketing asks to vendors.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- 2+ years buying or planning experience including in an online and ecommerce merchandising environment.
- Assist in developing and coaching Digital Assistants, EDPs and DMAs.
- Inspires, motivates, and influences the behavior of others to drive high performance.
- Engages team to examine current practices and encourages creative thinking about how things could be more effective and efficient.
- Asserts own ideas and persuades others in a clear, confident, and composed manner. Tailors message for the audience and is able to gain support and commitment from others.
- Comfortable with taking risks and celebrating risk taking regardless of outcome.
- Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Resilient, tenacious, high energy. Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity.
- Embraces change with realistic optimism and persists through challenges and setbacks caused by change.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.