Step outside the cubicle and embark on a leadership journey where you will gain experience developing teams, executing merchandising strategies, and consulting key business partners on strategic initiatives to drive sales growth. In the Store Management Executive Development Program, you’ll learn what it takes to be a successful store manager at Macy’s, and you’ll do it in a position of high visibility and substantial responsibility.
The Store Management Executive Development Program (EDP) is a series of rotational experiences designed to develop the leadership, strategic planning, and communication skills necessary to run a multi-million dollar retail business and enable rapid career progression. Through personalized learning experiences and on-the-job training, you’ll develop a global and strategic view of the retail landscape and prepare to rise through the ranks of a Fortune 500 company.
Throughout the program, you will experience several key functions including Sales Manager, Merchandise Team Manager, and District Merchant that will prepare you for advanced leadership opportunities. You will be paired with mentors in each rotation who will provide development and personal attention to drive your success in the program. EDP trainees are given a clear path to advancement with the expectation that you will become a senior leader at Macy’s.
- Execute management functions by balancing leadership, communication, and strategic planning.
- Coach and develop a team of associates and create a customer-focused selling environment.
- Drive sales and profit through a range of different responsibilities, including but not limited to: hiring and developing talent, overseeing the daily operation of stores, empowering your team to deliver exceptional customer service, and strategically merchandising product.
- Exceed sales goals by developing and executing strategies and determining new business-driving opportunities.
- Analyze trends and collaborate with key partners to influence merchandise assortment.
- Use tools and analyze reports to forecast workload and allocate resources as needed
- Drive employee engagement and recognition of success.
- Observe and assess merchandise execution processes and identify areas of opportunities; recommend solutions to business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- A cumulative 3.0 GPA minimum is preferred.
- All majors will be considered for this opportunity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Organizational skills are crucial to being successful in this role.
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze data to make decisions.
- Leadership experience and ability to solve problems and drive results through others.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color, vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
May involve moving or lifting items up to 30 pounds.
- Positive attitude, self-motivation, and curiosity about developing a modern retail business.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are required.
- With a flexible schedule that includes your input, you are able to maximize both work/life balance and the ability to run your business effectively.
Location and Start Date:
Opportunities are available in major market throughout the United States. The program begins mid-summer.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.