Step outside the cubicle and embark on a leadership journey where you will gain experience developing teams, executing merchandising strategies, and consulting key business partners on strategic initiatives to drive sales growth In the Store Management Executive Development Program, you’ll learn what it takes to be a successful store manager at Macy’s, and you’ll do it in a position of high visibility and substantial responsibility.
The Store Management Executive Development Program (EDP) is a series of rotational experiences designed to develop the leadership, strategic planning, and communication skills necessary to run a multi-million dollar retail business and enable rapid career progression. Through personalized learning experiences and on-the-job training, you’ll develop a global and strategic view of the retail landscape and prepare to rise through the ranks of a Fortune 500 company.
Throughout the program, you will be exposed to several key functions including Sales Manager, Merchandise Team Manager, and District Merchant that will prepare you for advanced leadership opportunities. You will be paired with mentors in each rotation who will provide development and personal attention to drive your success in the program. EDP trainees are given a clear path to advancement with the expectation that you will become a senior leader at Macy’s.
- Execute Management functions by demonstrating strong leadership and communication skills.
- Coach and develop a team of associates and create a customer-focused selling environment.
Drive sales & profit through a range of different responsibilities, including but not limited to, hiring & developing talent, assisting with daily operation of stores, empowering your team to deliver customer service.
Drive and exceed sales goals by developing & executing strategies; determine business-driving opportunities
Analyze trends, identify business opportunities, execute strategies, and collaborate with key partners to influence merchandise selections.
Use tools and analyze documents to forecast workload and allocate resources as needed
Drive employee engagement & recognition of success.
Observe and assess merchandise execution processes and identify areas of opportunities; recommend solutions to Store
With a flexible schedule that includes your regular input, you are able to maximize both work/life balance and the ability to run your business effectively.
Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- A cumulative 3.0 GPA minimum is preferred.
- All majors will be considered for this opportunity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Organizational skills are crucial to being successful in this role.
- Strong business acumen and ability to execute plans and strategies.
- Leadership experience and ability to solve problems and drive results through others.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color, vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, self-motivation, and curiosity about developing a modern retail business.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Schedules will include working nights, weekends and holidays.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.