Our seasonal retail associates bring the magic of Macy's to life for our customers - they're on the front lines engaging, interacting, and delighting with smart merchandise recommendations and outstanding customer service.
You'll work independently and as part of a high-performance retail team, meeting sales goals, using our state-of-the-art technology and your great attitude to amaze our customers as you create a shopping experience that is truly magical.
Here's what you'll do as a Macy's seasonal retail associate:
- Greet customers quickly and warmly as they enter the area - let them know you're glad they're there
- Provide outstanding customer service that's sincere, enthusiastic, and professional
- Maintain a great attitude that reflects our commitment to the customer
- Qualify customer needs, figure out what's right for them, and get them in touch with the right person (if it's not you!)
- Share your knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns
- Recommend additional merchandise that compliments customer selections
- Use our in-store technology to make magical shopping experiences: Search and Send, Macy's tablet app, Buy Online Pick Up in Store, and more (don't worry - we'll train you!)
- Use point-of-sale and mobile point-of-sale systems to cashier and process customer purchases (we'll train you on these, too!)
- Handle returns with courtesy and professionalism
- Be at work and be there on time - your team is counting on you!
Whether you're an early bird or a night owl, there are hours and flexible schedules that can work for you. It takes a lot of time to create that magical shopping experience, so many of our associates arrive in the early morning hours - other stay later, long after store closing to set the stage for the next day's magic.
You'll have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a part time temporary basis, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, and busy events like Black Friday and the day after Christmas. You'll have plenty of opportunities to make magic on the sales floor throughout the holiday season!
Generous Employee Discount: Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
Just in time for holiday shopping, you'll receive a generous employee discount of up to 20% on most items starting your first day - and that's on top of other specials, coupons, promotions, and special offers - so your holiday dollars go farther, faster.
You don't necessarily need retail experience or a degree, but you'll need to be a self-starter with good time management skills, and be able to work independently and as part of a team. And a few other things:
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and ability to use a calculator
- Possess a strong sense of urgency
- Enjoy meeting and working with customers
- Comfortable with technology
- Have a love of learning
- No experience required, just a great attitude!
You'll be on your feet a lot - this job involves a lot of moving and standing (at least two consecutive hours). You'll need to be able to lift at least 30 pounds, and may occasionally need to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb ladders, and reach above eye level - it's not cardio, but it's a lot of movement! The job also involved close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Become a part of our Macy's seasonal retail sales team and start making magic - apply now!
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.