The Planning teams for Macy’s are highly analytical and directly responsible for financial growth, assortment localization strategies, and inventory productivity at every Macy’s Department Store across the country and the macys.com website. Your work assignments will be analytically complex as well as relationship-driven. Roles within Planning incorporate a wide range of business concepts including data analytics, vendor partnerships, financial and location planning, brand management, allocation, and trend forecasting. Each Planner contributes to driving business growth. Even as a new executive, you will influence business decisions and make recommendations that have a direct impact on sales and profitability.
Invest in a career with a company committed to diversity and inclusivity, giving back to the community, integrity, and—most importantly—developing its people.
This is your opportunity to join an organization dedicated to developing its employees and providing executives with the necessary tools to be successful. Following the Executive Development Program, it is the expectation you will be placed as an Assistant Merchandise Planner. As your career develops, you will be encouraged to experience various functions to get the most well-rounded business perspective and prepare for future leadership opportunities.
Training & Development
Through this 10 week program you will gain exposure to the retail industry while also diving into the technical and business skills required for the planning role within our department store and online businesses. You will experience a blended learning environment with a combination of structured classroom-style learning and in-office assignments. As you progress beyond the program, you will continue to benefit from advanced training and mentorship to prepare you for additional leadership responsibility.
Location & Start Dates
The Executive Development Program is offered in New York, NY. Macy’s New York City corporate headquarters offers an environment that’s fast-paced, energetic, and an exciting place to experience both personally and professionally. Programs start March 2019 and throughout the year based on business need.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- All majors will be considered for this opportunity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze data and draw conclusions.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, assertiveness, intellectual curiosity
- Proficiency in MS Office and excellent Excel skills are critical.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.