The Beauty Regional Project Manager coordinates the execution of educational seminars & promotional events that happen within their Region. They provide the blueprint for their field partners– managing the budget, allocating resources & working through the logistics for what is needed. They partner with, and support, the Director of Events & Education to execute national Beauty initiatives, all while incorporating the multi-brand philosophy as a core focus for all their initiatives. After receiving the strategy from the Director, they then package & disseminate down to their Field merchandising partners – and then work through the details for implementation. Perform other duties as assigned
Events & Education
- Creates the roadmap for Field merchandising teams and owns the logistics for executing Macys driven marketing events, National mega events, vendor driven monthly events, as well as local events within their region. Guides Field teams on all aspects of the rollout to ensure consistency & effectiveness.
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills - able to coordinate with multiple internal and external business partners simultaneously, in order to seamlessly execute complex events.
- Gatekeeper for their regional events budgets – evaluates potential usage and ROI in order to drive sales and engagement, while maintaining fiscal responsibility and maximizing impact.
- Leads communication on all Macys & vendor driven education to Districts – develops a rapport with Field partners (DMs, ACs, SMs) to solicit feedback on how to tailor rollouts for maximum impact.
- Evaluates effectiveness of strategies with Central leaders and helps in creating plans to course correct current initiatives. Reacts quickly.
- Plans Beauty roundtable events within each market area in their district and other business strategy meetings. Handles the logistics for these events, and ensures maximum attendance and consistency across their region.
- Arranges gratis & engagement mechanisms with vendors for Beauty population in their region.
- Partners with DM, ACs and Beauty Sales Managers to understand what local initiatives to support. Influences them to create multi-brand events which will speak to their local customers’ specific preferences.
- Sets high performance standards & follows up with team to ensure maximum impact and ROI. Course corrects and solicits feedback post event in order to achieve better results next time.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
Who They Partner With:
Director of Events & Education – primary contact with vendors, leads development of promotional calendar & creates innovative National Beauty strategies.
VPRMDS for Beauty –. Director of Events & Education & VPRMDs work with Corporate vendors and Senior Beauty leaders on rollout of promotional calendar and national strategy – they disseminate down to Beauty Regional Project Manager.
District Merchants – Report to VPRMDs and disseminate national strategy to their Account Coordinators & Store leadership teams. Receives events & education execution direction from Beauty Regional Project Manager.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- Should have a minimum of 5 years of Cosmetics management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as sales reports and merchandising directives.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Competency in budget management.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Involves close vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Strong selling, planning and communication skills are necessary.
- Have the ability to build partnerships with all levels of management.
- Able to be self-reliant, and have the ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-pace demanding environment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends and/or holidays.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.