The Macy’s Merchandising team is directly responsible for the product assortment offered at every Macy’s department store across the country and the macys.com online store. Your work assignments will be analytically complex as well as relationship-driven. The Merchandising Executive Development Program is comprised of three exciting and unique roles:
Buying – The Buying team is directly responsible for the assortment selection, pricing strategy, and procurement for their product categories across all purchasing channels, including Macy’s brick-and-mortar stores and the macys.com website. Buyers must be able to develop and execute a strategic vision with a progressive, customer-centric approach all while delivering on sales and profit objectives and building trust with their teams and vendors.
Digital Merchandising – The Digital Merchandising team influences the online assortment and is responsible for driving site merchandising and marketing strategies to maximize online demand. The team develops site strategies with content marketing and online promotions in support of total company strategies.
Product Development – The Product Development team conceptualizes, sources, and manages brands that are exclusive at Macy’s. They identify emerging trends, influence design decisions based on financial goals, and work with global and domestic vendors to create and deliver the next assortment of private label product.
Invest in a career with a company committed to diversity and inclusivity, giving back to the community, integrity, and—most importantly—developing its people.
This is your opportunity to join an organization dedicated to developing its employees and providing executives with the necessary tools to be successful. Following the Executive Development Program, it is the expectation you will be placed as an Assistant within Buying, Digital Merchandising, or Product Development. As your career develops, you will be encouraged to experience various merchant functions to get the most well-rounded business perspective and prepare for future leadership opportunities.
Training & Development
Through this training program you will gain exposure to the retail industry while also diving into the technical and business skills required for the merchandising roles within our department store and online businesses. You will experience a blended learning environment with a combination of structured classroom-style learning and in-office assignments. As you progress beyond the program, you will continue to benefit from advanced training and mentorship to prepare you for additional leadership responsibility.
Location & Start Dates
The Executive Development Program is offered in New York, NY. Macy’s New York City corporate headquarters offers an environment that’s fast-paced, energetic, and an exciting place to experience both personally and professionally. PROGRAMS START IN EARLY 2020 and throughout the year based on business need.
Macy’s is looking for individuals dedicated to personal development and achieving results.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- All majors will be considered for this opportunity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze data and draw conclusions.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, assertiveness, intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to promote teamwork, solve problems, and manage complex relationships.
- Exhibit high standards, accountability, attention to detail and accuracy, strong presentation skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office and excellent Excel skills are critical.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.