The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing and producing trend forecasting printed materials, presentations, and videos. This position must demonstrate innovative design solutions, solid comprehension of design principles, and an artistic sensibility towards typography, color, scale and composition. A fundamental requirement is to be able to build trust with their teams and key collaborators. Perform other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Graphic Designer will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented leader, business partner and change agent who can lead through influence and who possesses professional maturity and industry credibility. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and effective leading through significant complexity. The ideal candidate will be known for a strong orientation for speed.
The successful candidate will:
- Make “company first” decisions.
- Have extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Motion Graphics
- Ability to influence partners.
- Have intuition and eye for fashion, pop culture, art, music, and design.
- Develop self by participating in ongoing professional development and training.
- Seek out innovative solutions to existing customer and/or Company challenges.
- Communicate with candor and value open debate to ensure the best ideas come to life
- Design and produce seasonal Fashion Office trend forecasting templates, printed publications, keynote presentations, videos, strategy presentations, press event environmental graphics/signage, and market, runway, and street recaps across all FOBs.
- Develop concepts and implement design strategies for creative and compelling templates and layout solutions.
- Scan and retouch all image content.
- Research editorials, blogs, and key fashion sites to stay current on graphic trends.
- Post content to internal Fashion Office communication platforms.
- Maintain and enforce quality of digital design documents, ensuring they are accurate and error-free.
- Maintain work flow calendar to ensure that projects are planned and executed according to schedule.
- Maintain an industry presence that allows for connections, new business opportunities and ideas at Macy’s. Represent and support the Macy’s brand while maintaining this presence.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Ideally, 2-plus years of experience in graphic design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Mac user with extensive software knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Bridge, Keynote, Power Point. Motion Graphics knowledge: Adobe After Effects and Premier
- Inspires, motivates, and influences the behavior of others to drive high performance
- Engages team to examine current practices and encourages creative thinking about how things could be more effective and efficient.
- Asserts own ideas and persuades others in a clear, confident, and composed manner. Tailors message for the audience and is able to gain support and commitment from others.
- Comfortable with taking risks and celebrating risk taking regardless of outcome
- Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Resilient, tenacious, high energy. Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity.
- Embraces change with realistic optimism and persists through challenges and setbacks caused by change.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.