The Director of Digital Business Enhancements will provide leadership and vision to define a superior experience that will allow customers to shop seamlessly across macys.com. The Director of Enhancements will lead and develop a team that ideates and influences the prioritization of business enhancements across multiple devices, representing the customer with consideration to Site Merchandising and Merchant initiatives. You will be responsible for cross-organizational leadership, further developing effective communication and collaboration with Digital Merchants, Product Management, Site Merchandising and User Experience teams, in order to successfully align on prioritization of customer path to purchase strategies and overall business goals.
The Director of Enhancements will serve as a leading voice of the customer and act as a business advocate in considering product decisions that will impact the customer. This Director will possess the ability to successfully champion and lead new initiatives that are crucial in realizing company-wide goals - translating these into tangible daily actions that lay the foundation for these new efforts and then working to build their team up to focus on successfully managing them.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for merchandising and elevating our customer experience as well as experience working successfully with ambiguity, driving business priorities and influencing strategy, creating lasting partnerships and communicating with and influencing a wide variety of audiences. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be a self-starter with a strong understanding of the digital retail space.
- Lead and mentor a team that ideates and influences customer experience enhancements that improve the customer path to purchase. Continue to educate teams on the possibilities that each enhancement brings as part of an overall vision for improvement of the customer experience.
- Provide leadership, vision and tangible strategies to prioritize key initiatives to further optimize the customer shopping journey.
- Build trusting cross-functional relationships with Digital Merchants, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Experience, and internal Site Merchandising partners.
- Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered.
- Provide vision and business direction for merchandising workflows and processes that ultimately improve the customer shopping experience.
- Create and implement success metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs) and standards for enhancement requests, demonstrating a deep understanding of business objectives and defining site business strategies to meet these objectives and then translating these into clear actionable steps, as new initiatives or needs for optimization are determined.
- Communicate Shopping Vision for the Customer experience, providing senior leadership and across the organization, a view of the roadmap and how the separate enhancements feed into that vision.
- Provide leadership, direction, and governance around the workflow and prioritization of enhancements, ensuring Digital Merchants, Marketing and PDM teams are aware of priorities and timelines for requested enhancements.
- Use key metrics of customer satisfaction, conversion & revenue and your strategic problem-solving skills to guide business priorities.
- Lead alignment of business priorities through development of rolling backlog.
- Ability to prioritize and influence business backlog using MVP methodology.
- Deliver transparent communication to creating trusting relationships with business partners.
- Be a champion for the business and user experience.
- Be the subject matter expert on competitive landscapes.
Team Management and Development:
- Coach Merchandise Managers as they respond to project escalations with an assessment of the business implications of changes to project scope and timeline.
- Develop, lead and inspire Merchandise Managers.
- Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives.
- Create clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team which support critical business objectives, business requirements, and partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Raise awareness of team’s plans, insights and accomplishments in order to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team.
- Assist direct reports with ongoing prioritization to ensure that the crucial business initiatives are delivered.
- Hiring, retention, and succession planning.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8-10 years of experience in on line merchandising and product management experience.
- Deep knowledge of ecommerce and retail.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
- Experience in managing direct reports. Effectively train, coach and develop direct reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative, collaborative and team-oriented with the ability to interact with partners across the organization at all levels.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Ability to negotiate and influence peers and members of cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical, prioritization, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to maximize the contribution of individual team members.
- Usability and customer focused design.
- Passionate about solving customer and business problems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.