The New York based creative office is seeking a Digital Designer to join the Brand Authority creative team. The digital designer is responsible for creating both digital and print designs that enhance the customer experience and elevate our brand. The ideal candidate is a Photoshop and InDesign pro with strong typography skills and a portfolio that shows an ability to create consistent designs across multiple channels. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design digital banners, web pages and sitelets in Photoshop.
- Concept new ideas for Macy’s branding projects.
- Design graphics for in-store signage (including storyboards for LED screens).
- Partner with copywriters, retouchers, and project managers to meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of typography and layout design.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years experience in design/art direction (retail/fashion experience a plus).
- Mac user with extensive software knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Strong portfolio that includes digital and print design.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Excellent creative solution and innovation skills.
- Work independently to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Proficient computer skills in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Bridge.
- Proficient MAC platform experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.