The Coordinator for Event & Marketing Strategies supports the planning and execution of special events and marketing programs for the Macy’s Culinary Council and third party promotions. The position partners with a combination of internal central and merchant teams and external partners as well. The ideal candidate will be energetic, a team player who can work independently and collaboratively and takes initiative in developing new ideas, solving problems and driving results. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Planning and coordinating sales-driving, brand-building in-store special events in collaboration with Macy's regional event teams, vendors and other strategic partners focused on culinary based activations. Development of event proposals, detailed time-and-action plans, and execution strategies that are communicated to and approved by Director. Support events team on-site at events as requested.
- Managing marketing tactics for events inclusive of radio, direct mail, digital and in-store channels and coordinating the internal and external advertising approval processes as necessary.
- Compiling and evaluating Macy's event marketing initiatives from both quantitative (e.g., sales, attendance) and qualitative standpoints (e.g., event flow, branding opportunity); reporting results to management.
- Assisting in the management of the departmental budget, including writing purchase orders, tracking expense, following up with vendors, and compiling seasonal forecasts
- Supporting additional projects as requested.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of event coordination and execution experience, preferably in a culinary environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to remain flexible to ever-changing business needs.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Proven financial skills-budgets and execution.
- Competence and comfort level with basic quantitative analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as PowerPoint.
- Strong ability to multitask & manage several different projects simultaneously.
- Must be willing to travel and possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends when necessary.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.