The Retention Marketing Team is responsible for managing the customer contact strategy, lifecycle, end to end execution, delivery of enhancements and capabilities for all digital retention channels – Email, Mobile Messaging, and Site Targeted Campaigns.
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for end to end deliverables and project tasks in support of dynamic and personalization strategies across all retention tactics. The candidate will be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, able to take direction, capable of dealing with ambiguity, and comfortable working with cross-functional teams and management.
Under the supervision of the Manager, the candidate must work well across the organization and closely with technical subject matter experts to accomplish key objectives on assigned projects. The candidate will drive business requirements, provide technical direction and coordination, and ensure the successful completion of projects. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support and execute enhancements across email, mobile and site optimizations.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, third-party providers, and other business functions to gather input, clarify requirements and ultimately drive enhancements and new functionalities.
- Develop and document business requirements, use cases, business rules, and conduct user acceptance tests.
- Act as a subject matter expert that helps advocate for business strategies in full-scale marketing solutions as well as understand technical components, design and technologies involved.
- Build relationships with business function sponsors, understand their objectives, and establish trust and dialogue on how to support those needs.
- Advocate for issue resolution investigation, assess options, provide feedback and ensure closure.
- Assist in managing and prioritizing dynamic capabilities and enhancements roadmap for the Retention Marketing team.
- Identify gaps, trends and areas of opportunities of programs/tactics to focus and improve internal campaign execution and customer experience.
- Hold and lead regular meetings and communication with stakeholders to kick-off projects, review progress and resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot and escalate any significant issues, challenges, or barriers to the appropriate management team as needed.
- Prepare and present project hindsight analyses and recommendations to leadership and partner teams.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- BA/BS college degree is required.
- 2-4 years of experience in digital marketing required, experience in corporate retail marketing is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrable computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Project (or other project planning software), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to communicate with middle management, technology partners and cross-functional teams.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Critical and analytical thinker.
- Highly skilled in multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, and handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Knowledge of email, mobile, site personalization, and direct marketing methods.
- Aptitude/passion for technology & data.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated self-starter with strong initiative, organization and prioritization skills.
- Be a team-player.
- Detail-oriented, holding themselves to high quality standards with heavy focus on quality-control.
- Demonstrate a desire to improve and grow, willingly take on project tasks and volunteer for opportunities outside of project responsibilities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.