Support the Senior Manager of Business Strategy with analysis/strategy to drive the sales & profit of both Global Business Partners and its external clients. Manage/track GBP finances and serve as a point person for logistical processes & digital asset transfers. Perform other duties as assigned.
External Clients: Planning/Buying Teams for External Customers, Support Teams (Finance, Logistics, Digital Assets)
MMG: Internal Global Business Partners Team, Finance, Logistics, Customs, Technology Teams, Overseas Offices.
- Assist GBP account teams & Senior Manager in the development of seasonal strategies.
- Analyze sales, margin and receipts to identify opportunities/clogs at the client, class, style and department levels.
- Drive replenishment style analysis for the Home business: communicate inventory recommendations to GBP Home Account Manager.
- Support entire Global Business team with the distribution, development and maintenance of weekly sales recaps and information. Become an expert in reporting on both Macy’s business and external customers’ business: must be highly capable in Microsoft Excel in order to create customized sales reports from our client’s sales reporting systems.
- Assist in the projection & maintenance of GBP LLC/EBIT, along with keeping GBP team on monthly projection calendar.
- Assist in managing the accounting and payment of advertising, terms discounts and any vendor allowances for GBP customers.
- Responsible for the .com asset transfer process for all outside customers. Troubleshoot issues and partner with .com production team & GBP account teams to resolve missing asset issues for each customer.
- Assist in problem solving logistics issues with the support of impacted account teams: become an expert in the internal & external SOP’s for each customer. Aid HBC & Damco in the callout process of missing/incorrect contracts.
- Review weekly system downloads for customers, including BOBJ OO/UPC reports & callout exception errors.
- Assist/complete additional ad hoc projects to support GBP Team.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance or equivalent)
- 2+ years retail buying, planning or product development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Solutions/Results orientated and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strategic and creative thinker: embraces change and can imagine a future different from the present.
- Ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately.
- Ability to develop, plan, present and execute strategies.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with a focus on tactical execution.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-starter who requires little supervision: independent, resourceful, utilizes self-discipline and takes initiative.
- Flexible & adaptable, ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Confidence in interacting with executives, and functions well in a team environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.