A great opportunity for you to join our Financial Controls team as an Executive in our Jacksonville, FL office as a 12-month contractor. The Financial Control function is part of Macquarie Finance Management Group and focused on the financial control of Macquarie Group and Non-Group entities across the various businesses.
You will play a very key role which is a mix of delivery responsibilities, process ownership and talent management. Functionally, you will be hands-on and aware of the businesses you will be supporting.
The role requires monthly balance sheet and profit and loss analysis correct position in the account, business and entity in addition to regular accounting, review sub-system posting positions, month end close, inter-co breaks clearing and suspense clearing.
Additional key responsibilities will include:
- reconciliation & Attestation of balances - process, outcomes, breaks and resolution of issues
- completeness and Accuracy of ledger data for Reporting / Tax / Legal Entity Control & Analytical requirements
- execution of daily and monthly tasks (month end close and Balance Sheet Substantiation)
- developing a strong understanding of chart of accounts and the posting rules set up for different desk based on the nature of the products traded
- identification and Resolution of breaks and related reporting
- a good understanding of financial products (Futures, Bonds, Cash Equities etc.) and their accounting
- a basic understanding of Source system to General Ledger trade flows and trade life cycle
- address Legal Entity Controllers queries
- group regulatory reporting Submissions and Tax Submissions
- participating in the new transitions within the team and ensuring proper documentation to avoid any knowledge gaps
- undertaking and delivering improvement initiatives and standardization
- To be successful you will have a postgraduate accounting qualification, preferably CA or CPA possessing 4-6 years experience in Financial Accounting (essential) which may include public accounting firm experience. You will also need to bring an understanding of financial instruments and derivatives, as well as being confident and competent in oral and written communication skills
Being a self-starter with strong control mind set and the ability to demonstrate capability and willingness to be "hands-on is required. Having the ability to demonstrate strong planning and organizing skills that helps balance between often competing priorities is also a requirement. During the recruitment process, we will assess your fitment between the Executive and AM levels approaches.
You will be required to continually question and attempt to improve the control environment that the business operates in and take responsibility and ownership of own work, ensuring adherence to timetable and work plan and maintaining high quality of the deliverable.
If you are ready to put your skills to work, apply today! Find out more about us at www.macquarie.com/careers
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.