The primary focus of the Marketing and Communication Coordinator is to provide technical expertise in designing and delivering corporate branding of marketing and communications for MacMor Industries Ltd. They create professional and accurate communications for social media and web-based platforms along with producing advertising and newsletters which promote merchandise and seasonality of product offerings. They provide insight and training for staff on any marketing campaigns and initiatives. They assist in developing strategies which promote MacMor Industries Ltd.'s products and services by working with the Marketing Manager in analyzing market and competitive conditions to implement new and modified programs and initiatives to help guide current and future strategies and targeted marketing tactics.
Major responsibilities of the position:
- Design broadcast emails, monthly specials, quarterly flyers.
- Work with vendors to maximize their marketing incentive programs.
- Performance of administrative and office support activities for the Marketing Department. These duties may include fielding telephone calls, word processing, filing, and faxing.
- Conduct internet-based research to obtain or take various pictures, diagrams and/or information for use in the design of promotional materials such as flyers and catalogs for the organization.
- Design and development of all promotional marketing materials such as flyers, catalogs and showroom displays for the organization.
- Assist the Marketing Manager in market research studies and analysis of findings.
- Consultation with Marketing Manager or applicable personnel on the development of promotional material such as type, design, color, and distribution method.
- Management and distribution of outgoing customer broadcast emails and maintenance and revision of customer broadcast email listings.
- Assist in the maintenance of the MacMor website and various social media platforms
- Assist in inventory count at the Winnipeg Warehouse location.
- Assist in training of Outside and Inside Sales personnel, order desk agents on new marketing material and strategies.
- Assist in providing on line technical support to web store clients
- Assisting in the investigation of applicable QMS Events concerning marketing and advertising materials
- Maintains product knowledge of new product offerings from suppliers and able to compare value with existing products and changing needs of the customers to determine marketing and advertising needs
- Completes operational requirements by maintaining a good working relationship with all employees and assisting in creating a positive work environment for all team members,
- Participates in required meetings offering suggestions for improvements or improved efficiencies and contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related results as required.
- Assist Marketing Manager with monitoring competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, new products, merchandising techniques etc.
- May be required to perform other job-related activities as assigned
Skill and qualifications:
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Customer focused
- Proficient problem solving/trouble shooting
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Ability to plan, multi task, and manage time effectively
- Motivation, drive and demonstrates initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Always presents a professional image.
- Candidate must be able to provide a clear criminal background check
- Expert on developing marketing and advertising platforms for web based and social media
Preferred Education & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education)
- Post-secondary education in marketing and or communications field an asset
- Experience in Adobe Creative Programs preferred
- 3+ years of related work experience in marketing and communication, preferred
- Intermediate computer knowledge (Windows operating systems, Microsoft, email, internet, etc)
- Written and verbal communication, math, reading, and spelling skills
MacMor Industries Ltd would like to thank all applicants for applying however only those candidates being considered for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing and Communications: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)