Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC.
Macmillan Publishers is seeking an International Sales Manager to work within the International Sales & Marketing team.
The International Sales Manager will be the primary contact with accounts and all sales related to the US Trade Open Market business. The position will work alongside our sales representatives in the field, dedicated to the territories of Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & the Caribbean, and also have direct sales responsibility for the Philippines and Guam.
- Work alongside our sales representatives based in the UK and in Asia.
- Develop and continue to improve on marketplace understanding for each territory and its customers in order to grow sales overall.
- Build on direct sales relationships already established and setting up new sales relationships internationally.
- Meet sales targets of the organization (including distribution clients) through effective planning.
- Work with major online retailers to ensure Macmillan Publishers are featured prominently.
- Work with Supply Chain team to manage inventory estimates and arrange drop-shipments when necessary for orders.
- Provide information daily relating to titles, orders, claims etc. to sales representatives and accounts.
- Reporting and analysis of territory sales.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Must be sales oriented with an enthusiasm and a drive for finding new ways of building on sales.
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy while working in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships across multiple groups and communicate effectively with both peers and upper management, both written and verbally.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Strong work-ethic.
- Proficient in Excel and the Microsoft office suite.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Minimum of 5+ years working in sales, preferably in International Sales.
- Candidate ideally has a knowledge of the international customer base within the publishing industry.
- A successful history of increasing sales.
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or other related field or equivalent work experience.