Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC.
The Macmillan Academic Marketing Department seeks a creative, highly-organized individual to market books from the adult trade divisions and client publishers to colleges and high schools. This position offers a variety of responsibilities, among them digital marketing (including maintenance of various academic marketing websites), social media marketing, copy writing, administrative duties (including correspondence with educators), and some travel to academic conferences. This is an ideal position for an enthusiastic, motivated person to champion books that can make a difference to educators and students, and get them established in school curricula.
- Customer service with educators and college reps, including processing desk and exam copy requests
- Maintaining the academic marketing websites
- Coordinate and execute departmental book and galley mailings
- Assist with department’s social media and digital marketing campaigns
- Interact with sales, publicity, editorial, and marketing departments throughout the company and with our sister company Macmillan Learning
- Administrative support, including maintaining databases and essential contact lists, updating content calendars, and academic conference prep.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Detail-focused, independently motivated multi-tasker, highly skilled at time and project management.
- Strong and adaptable writing skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize information
- Knowledge of InDesign, Excel, and WordPress helpful.
- Book industry experience helpful but not necessary
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences preferred but not required