MacLeod Consultants Ltd. is a structural engineering firm located in the beautiful West Kootenays of British Columbia. We provide innovative and practical structural engineering services to residential, commercial, resource, and construction clientele. Value is added to projects by providing cost-effective structural solutions using relevant codes, practices, and innovative structural technologies. Engineering services are provided with integrity, from project start to finish, including planning, concept, and design review, detailed design, assessment of existing structures, and field reviews.
The West Kootenays is a utopia for those passionate about biking, skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, and enjoying a healthy work-life balance. MacLeod 9 has a respectful, good-humoured office environment that thrives on teamwork and hard work. The dog-friendly office located on Baker Street in Nelson is to be relocated to Rossland in the fall of 2019.
A competitive salary and benefit package is available. The successful candidate will play a key role in the growth and development of the company.
- Communicate effectively with clients and team members in the development of designs and specifications of structural building systems.
- Discuss projects budgets with clients and maintain continuous communications throughout the project.
- Apply advanced structural engineering techniques to solving engineering design/analysis problems for new buildings, restoration, or renovation purposes.
- Assess, analyze, and report on existing structural conditions.
- Conduct field reviews and reports as required.
- Lead projects from start to finish.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and quality of design calculations and project documentation in accordance with OQM policies and procedures.
- Review of shop drawings for structural adequacy and compliance with structural drawings.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of engineering fee estimates for bids and proposals.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- University degree in civil engineering with a structural major.
- 4+ years of relevant experience as a professional engineer in good standing with a provincial association in Canada.
- Working knowledge of applicable local and national building codes, design standards, engineering criteria, and structural engineering software.
- Experience in analysis and design of building structures in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and wood structures.
- A demonstrated track record of taking projects to successful completion.
- Proficient in the following software: MS Word, Excel, MathCad, S-Frame.
- Hands-on construction experience would be an asset.
- Positive, self-driven, motivated attitude.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-disciplinary team delivering projects with variety in complexity and size/scope.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and managerial skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Committed team player.
- Class 5 driver's licence.
Application procedure: please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].