The site director is a full-time salary paid position responsible for implementing the Mackie’s Place mission by organizing, directing, and managing a neighborhood-based after-school drop-in program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a visionary, spiritual, and programmatic leader for staff and youth.
- To set up and take down for every day of operation.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the after-school program and summer program, including program organization, development (this would be done in cooperation with Bobbi-Rhea; Co-Founder & Executive Director & Favian Kleine; Co-Founder & Director of Mentorship & Care) activity planning and safety.
- Supervise, support, equip, and Mackie’s Place volunteers and interns.
- Build connections and maintain communication with MP families and local schools and community agencies.
- Collect required program performance and measure information.
- Volunteer in local schools and in the community building relationships with youth in the neighborhood.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director to establish goals and work to continually improve programs.
- Work 10-hour plus days on program days.
- Assist in our Volunteer Training sessions as required.
Demonstrated Qualities and Experience:
- A genuine heart to love and care for youth
- The ability to love and accept youth without judgment or personal agenda
- Must exude a strong presence with the ability to lead in love and with healthy, clear boundaries, structure and consistency.
- An ability to adapt and be flexible with a desire to grow with Mackie’s Place as we grow; This may include additions and changes in the job description as we grow and evolve.
- Be compelled to seek positive change in the community.
- Leadership background and experience with kids and youth.
- Heart for children, parents & supporting the growth of healthy families.
- Project management and Program development experience.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills working with a variety of people from ministry team members to parents, to kids.
- Positive attitude and approach to problem-solving. Solution oriented.
- Strong organization and time management skills, and the pursuit of excellence through attention to detail.
- Passion for the team, staff culture, excellence, and loyalty. This shows itself in the development and appreciation of staff and team leaders.
- Willingness to be pastored and coached.
- Excellent work ethic, efficient with time and money.
- An attitude of a servant. Fun to be with and devoted to the call of God.
- Post Secondary Education in the field of Child & Youth Care or Equivalent Experience.
- Experience working with urban youth
- Mackie’s Place is growing in numbers of youth attendance
- Mackie’s Place programs are running smoothly, kids are engaged
- Volunteers are empowered and excited about what they are doing.
- Ministry leaders and their teams have clarity of vision, are unified, have a sense of purpose, and are healthy.
- Environments are safe, fun and age appropriate so that youth can experience genuine care
- All aspects of Mackie’s Place experiences are vibrant, relevant, impactful, and are being executed with excellence
- Youth at Mackie’s Place are feeling valued and cared for right as they are