Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Nurse Executive, the Director, Operational Readiness works collaboratively with the redevelopment project team, operational clinical teams and external partners to ensure a seamless transition from current state to full operations of Mackenzie Health’s new two-site hospital model. To achieve this outcome, the Director serves as an integral member of the clinical operations team and works closely with the Senior Leadership Team, the Redevelopment Team, clinical and non-clinical leaders, project partners and key operational stakeholders. The Director is responsible for planning and leading all phases of the operational and change management processes in support of a successful transition. Key areas of focus include developing a framework for change management and supporting clinical, non-clinical and transition planning. As an internal trusted advisor and subject matter expert, the Director leads operational and transition planning related projects and committees.
- Works with the Redevelopment and Clinical Operations teams to influence, determine and assess operational impacts during all phases of the capital and redevelopment project.
- Determines critical strategy items and key issues.
- Collaborates with clinical and non-clinical to support operational readiness and transitional planning.
- Develops a change management framework to support transition planning.
- Serves as an Engagement Lead to support internal and external stakeholders.
- Assesses ongoing project performance.
- Monitors and revises project documents throughout the phases of the project.
- Uses project planning processes and innovative solutions to develop work plans, reports and presentations for effective engagement and communication.
- Recognizes opportunities for service delivery alignment to support activities such as master planning and functional programming.
- Identifies process improvement initiatives to positively impact the transition and changes.
- Actively contributes to business development activities including brand awareness initiatives, proposals, and industry presentations.
- Adheres to Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Mackenzie Health’s Health and Safety Policies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A graduate degree in health or business administration.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or willingness to obtain.
- Working knowledge of Lean, with a minimum Green Belt certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of healthcare industry experience with a minimum of 5 years operational healthcare leadership experience.
- Prior P3, DBFM or AP new Hospital operations planning and implementation experience is desirable.
- Strong project management skills with experience in healthcare redevelopment or Operational Readiness projects.
- Evidence of effective project and program planning with in-depth experience in hospital clinical operations.
- Previous work experience in a unionized environment preferred.
- Strong consulting, negotiation and consensus building skills.
- Proven ability to work through issues and manage conflict effectively.
- Proven skilled change management leader with experience in change management training.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with experience in coordinating multiple assignments/projects and managing competing deadlines.
- Innovative, creative and critical thinker with an ability to problem solve complex issues with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to function effectively during periods of rapid change and transition with constantly shifting priorities.
- Continuous quality improvement orientation with experience in leveraging technology integration and implementation.
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail.
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written combined with strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success in leading multiple teams and facilitating workshops and planning sessions.
- Strong collaborator and team player with an ability to work cohesively in a multi-faceted, dynamic team environment.
- Flexible, self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with MS Office and project management software.
- Flexible work schedule to enable some extended hours and travelling as required.
- Demonstrates leadership competencies consistent with position level.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.