A MacKenzie-Childs Sales Associate is an individual with a vibrant personality, an efficient nature, and natural warmth. The ideal candidate will provide customers an exceptional customer experience, both in-store and on the phone or via email. A successful Sales Associate will also build customer relationships, as well as ensure product in the store is well-stocked and beautifully maintained.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Generate new customer connections as well as maintain current customer relationships by creating an enjoyable atmosphere for MacKenzie-Childs customers. Create a positive selling experience that encourages customer shopping.
- Create, at all times, a customer experience that upholds MacKenzie-Childs standards
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to developing a clientele- both personally and for the team
- Answer the phone as well as assist customers with questions via phone, email and in person.
- Drive revenue for the store, build UPT and ADT
- Keep the shop floor looking lovely (aka: fully stocked and cleaned)
- Maintain sales floor and current stock levels by assisting with the restock of merchandise as well as in floor moves when necessary
- Participate in MacKenzie-Childs training sessions
- Assist in expected opening and closing procedures
- The Sales Associate does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered
- The ability to work a schedule consisting of days, nights, weekends and holidays on a consistent basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A dedication to excellent customer service.
- Contribution to an engaging, warm, and dynamic retail team.
- Ability to learn key systems.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Show a commitment to teamwork and goal attainments.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of professionalism.
- Excellent work-ethic and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and excellent time management skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
Computer, printer, scanner, telephone, photocopier and POS system.
Computer Software: Outlook, Word and Excel
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, reach, push, pull, lift, crouch, kneel, bend, climb, use fingers to grasp, handle, feel, and perform repetitive motions of hands or wrists.
- Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
- Plan or direct fairly complex work methods or operations that obtain size, shape, or physical qualities of product.
Work is performed in a typical retail store environment with occasional exposure to falling when climbing a ladder.
MacKenzie-Childs is an EEO Employer.
Job Type: Full-time