Do you thrive on variety? Do you like to be the hub of the office? Does helping people come naturally to you? Are you known for the quality of your work? Are you skilled with MS Office?
Emeryville, CA project & construction management firm is seeking an Office Manager/Marketing Assistant. mack5 is an 18-year old, close-knit firm representing owners to manage large, meaningful government agency and nonprofit construction projects that positively impact their communities. We are seeking someone that can work independently, enjoys variety and wants to learn and advance.
As the sole administrative support for our staff of 10, this position is very important, with direct impact on our success, and is the "glue" that connects our staff and clients. It provides a broad range of office management, administrative support and marketing coordination for the firm, and requires problem solving and follow-up. The position has primary responsibility for maintaining efficient operations of these key responsibilities:
- provide administrative assistance to all staff
- maintain office organization, appearance and office machines
- maintain standard office template documents
- order supplies and services
- coordinate/schedule meetings/events, create agendas and assist in planning
- coordinate building issues and IT, telephone, and cell phone support
- answer phones and assist/direct callers (light volume)
- process incoming and outgoing mail/documents
- update project/clients lists and website
- assist with production of marketing materials
- perform internet research and database maintenance
- format, proofread, print and collate presentations and deliverables
- monitor status of marketing submittals and other deliverables
- input time cards, client billing/payments, vendor invoices, expense reports
- process insurance certificates and maintain certificate files
- maintenance of contract files and general filing
- minimum 5 years of experience in a position with a broad range of duties and similar responsibilities
- college degree or course work, especially in the areas of business and/or construction
- advanced knowledge of Outlook and Word
- intermediate knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- experience using Quikbooks or other accounting software
- strong knowledge of internet search engines
- well-organized problem solver, able to prioritize, multi-task and work independently
- comfortable with numbers, proofreading and attention to detail
- strong "people" and communication skills with a professional attitude and willingness to help
- track record of quality work
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, including opportunity for annual bonus, health insurances, paid time off, company-paid parking, 401k, and company-paid retirement contribution. For those that don't drive, we are on the Emery Go-Round express shuttle directly from MacArthur Bart.
For consideration, please send with cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time