What is Lyft?
Lyft is a platform that connects drivers with individuals and organizations that need rides.
Lyft drivers are essential to their communities — they get riders to grocery stores and pharmacies, doctors and nurses to work, and caretakers to family members in need. We’re immensely grateful for their work.
- Boost Your Income: You get paid for the time and distance of a trip, plus tips and bonuses.
- Be Your Own Boss: Set your own schedule and keep control over when you drive and earn.
- Support the community: Lyft drivers are essential to our neighbourhoods, communities, and cities. When you give rides, you’re playing a vital role.
How Lyft Driving Works
- Step 1: Open the app and turn on driver mode
- Step 2: Accept a passenger ride request
- Step 3: Pick up your passenger at their location
- Step 4: Drop off your passenger at their destination
- *Once the ride has completed, payment is processed automatically and you’re ready for your next ride!
- You’re at least 21 years old
- You have a 4-door from 2011 or newer
- You own an iPhone or Android smartphone
- You have a clean driving record and auto insurance
- You consent to our driver screening and background checks
This opportunity is for an independent contractor. Driving with Lyft is perfect for those looking for a flexible full-time or part-time opportunity. Be your own boss — hours are completely flexible. Drive mornings, evenings, weekdays, or weekends. No previous experience required.