We are in a global pandemic, and your skills are needed more than ever.
Your technical skills, your resourcefulness, your heart.
This is why you got into nursing – to care for people in need. There’s no place where your help is more needed than in the long-term care facilities in your community.
Director of Care (RN)
We are in desperate need of a temporary Director of Care at our long term care facility in Hagersville, where we are currently experiencing an outbreak of COVID-19.
As our new Director of Care, you’ll oversee the activity of the nurses we have on staff, in addition to monitoring and improving our care. Using your knowledge of nursing best practices, you’ll maintain the standard of care that we’ve established while adapting to new circumstances.
* Provide a cheerful and energetic environment for the nursing team that supports growth and development,
* Direct the implementation and review of relevant company policies, procedures and processes required to meet government legislation and industry standards,
* Ensure all residents receive care and services according to their needs
* Monitor the quality of nursing services and administer long term strategic plans for nursing
* Implement goals and objectives to achieve the corporate vision for resident care
* Ensure risk management process is adhered to by reviewing staff and resident incident reports, monthly indicators, Public Health Inspections, Ministry of Labour inspections, Accreditation reports, etc.,
* Ensure nursing team works in a safe workplace environment through the implementation of safe work practices and service guidelines
* Recommend and participate in the termination of nursing staff according to facility policies, procedures and collective agreements,
* Ensure appropriate documentation and maintenance of records including resident health records, personnel records etc,
* Delegate clinical and managerial responsibilities as well as provide direction and leadership
Working with Us
This is a temporary, full-time position working in our long term care facility in North York. You will be provided with the necessary PPE required to keep you safe.
We’re a well-established organization that has been dedicated to serving the senior community in Ontario for decades. Our passionate and knowledgeable team is united under a common goal: to make each moment count for our residents, while keeping their well-being front and centre.
We know that it’s our people who are the key to our success. We support our nurses with appreciation events, and continuing education opportunities.
We hope you’ll join us, and bring your skills to our team, for our residents.
* Registered Nurse with a current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
* 1+ year experience as an RN in long-term care
* 3+ years experience as a Registered Nurse, in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting
* Demonstrated skill and knowledge of providing person-centred care in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of the MOHLTC
* Demonstrated ability to meet professional clinical infection protocols
* Knowledge of relevant legislation and standards (e.g. LTCHA, Ontario nursing legislation, etc.)
* Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based clinical practices