We currently have an opening for a G-Driver at our Toronto Location, located near Toronto Person International Airport. The G Class Driver is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient delivery and pick-up of products, tools, and equipment.
- Valid Ontario G Class license and must provide clean abstract (current within 30 days)
- Minimum 3 years related driving experience in safe transportation of equipment
- Comfortable driving a 24’ straight truck
- The ability to develop strong, professional working relationships with all departments and personnel
- Complete all reports related to vehicle usage such as run sheets, inspection reports and maintenance
- Check in with Supervisor for additional duties as required including but not limited to pre-loading, equipment checks, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of the truck (internal and external)
- Adhere to all Company safety standards
- Ensure the promotion of safe work practices to all staff, customers, suppliers and contractors
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- Willing to work in all types of weather and safely load and unload equipment at customer locations and sites
- Must have superior customer service skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Safely load, deliver and pick up a wide variety of items to different addresses and through different routes
- Ensure loads are properly secured and loaded and unloaded in safe manner
- Follow routes and time schedule and communicate challenges
- Inform customers about new products and services
- Complete logs and reports, and required paperwork
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards, operate vehicle safely and follow all relevant legislation
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation
- Use all personal protective equipment as required
- Assist with general labour work in the warehouse or production facility when not delivering
- Ensure every customer is treated in a fair and consistent manner by remaining professional both in conduct and appearance
Education, Training & Experience
- Proven working experience as a delivery driver
- Ability to operate variety of shipping equipment, including forklifts, pump trucks, etc.
- Ability to drive a delivery truck in a variety of weather and traffic conditions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good driving record with no traffic violations
- Must demonstrate professionalism in customer service
- Professional presentation and demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Valid G driver's licence with clean abstract (DZ licence an asset, but not required)
- Familiarity with city streets in and around the GTA
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Salary commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.