Manufacturing / Industrial Engineer – Material Flow
Responsible for all material flow throughout the Kitchener distribution facility including optimizing warehousing storage, dunnage design, warehouse and assembly-refit line processes and layouts.
- A bachelor’s degree or technologist diploma in engineering or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Experience with Auto Cad, Solid works, Engineering drawings, plant layouts, and dunnage design
- Ability to review scale drawings to ensure the proposed designs satisfy requirements and comply with manufacturing capabilities.
- Ability to take precise measurements using specialized equipment and techniques.
- Ability to interact with technicians or technologists for tasks such as creating scale drawings, preparing specifications, writing proposals and developing plant maintenance schedules.
- Active knowledge of AutoCad, Excel, Word, Easytalk and understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensioning.
- Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
- Ability to stay abreast on current and new technologies and advances in the engineering field. Attend formal professional development seminars and conferences as needed.
- Conduct self-directed studies by reading journals and trade publications.
- Project and change management
- Specify new tools, equipment and fixtures where required.
- Recognize and resolve tooling related difficulties with existing and new projects while working with the manufacturing support staff.
- Investigate new manufacturing and tooling methods.
- Help in defining plant layout and ergonomic requirements.
- Participate in Advance Quality Planning.
- Assist in resolution of process scrap.
- Change implementation champion.
- New product and process introductions.
- In cooperation with manufacturing, develop and document cycle times for all refit process instructions.
- Maintain tool lists, set-up instructions and work instructions.
- Manage standard costing modules.
- Assist in ensuring the process is capable through capability studies.
- Participate in corrective action to meet ongoing cost, quality and delivery, in FMEA development and improvements, and participate in CAT activities
- Implement systems to improve material flow and increase storage capacities that ensure FIFO material movement in a JIT environment.
- Design racking and dunnage that increase storage per square foot and warehouse and transportation utilization.
- Understanding of supply chain and replenishment systems
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.