We at Leggett & Platt Automotive are looking for an Electronics Engineer - Hardware to join our rapidly growing Automotive Team. In this role, you will be designing, developing and testing new embedded products. If you are looking for a challenging, rewarding opportunity to showcase your electrical engineering expertise, we want you!
What you will be doing?
- Plan, develop and validate electronic design through schematic creation, simulation, board layout, prototyping and testing
- Support project in compliance to SPICE level 3
- Develop suitable validation and test methods for embedded electronics modules
- Develop breadboard or first run proto type circuits for product feasibility evaluation
- Support development of software for embedded systems
- Design, develop, built testers as needed for design evaluation of electronics
- Apply suitable engineering tools for the design analysis of electrical and electronic circuits
- Coordinate with applications engineering to handoff new products for production
- Contribute in the innovation of new concepts, designs, and novel new products, which may include the use of new and improved processes and operational techniques
- Establish and maintain adequate records of technical information, process methods / std's., design and program details/info., and records to support/procure reliable patent actions
- Participate with Marketing and Sales in the identification of new product opportunities and provides guidance as to their technical and economic feasibility
- Assist Purchasing in supplier selection and development
- Actively participate in the requirements to retain ISO/TS16949/ISO14001 certification
- Responsible for knowing and upholding the H&S Policy and for working in a safe manner and reporting all unsafe or unhealthy conditions or acts
- Participates in continuous improvement activities using the Kaizen philosophy
- Maintains professional status through personal education, training and development
- Must work as a team player and maintain good employee relations
We're looking for someone with:
- University degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience in embedded software for Automotive
- Experience with Electronic design tools (Cadence preferred, Altium and/or Mentor suite experience)
- Experience with CMMI or SPICE processes an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
- Strong electrical design background or electrical /electronic.
- Proven track record for innovation, creativity, and practicality.
- Tenacious problem solving and trouble shooting a must.
- Confident, self-starter with excellent communication skills, both written & oral
- Ability to maintain strong pace and extended effort in resolution of programs, projects, and schedules
- Well organized including the ability to schedule and maintain multiple activities.
Reasons you'll love it here: Our company culture reflects values like integrity, ownership, and authenticity. We take these to heart, and if you do as well, you'll fit right in.
Leggett & Platt Automotive Group is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities, upon request. Should you require any accommodation, please contact Schukra of North America Human Resources, a Division of Leggett & Platt Automotive Group.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of more than 22,000 employee-partners in 120 manufacturing facilities located in 18 countries. We're not just hiring, we're building a better company. For more information, please visit www.leggett.com.
Job Type: Full-time