The Canadian Marketing team seeks an energetic and disciplined person to support various aspects of B2B technology marketing. This is a great opportunity in an entry level coordinator role, with the opportunity to develop and hone critical marketing skills. Working with a team of four seasoned professionals, the Junior Marketing Specialist will tackle a variety of marketing support projects while developing his or her industry knowledge in the human capital and workforce management technology sector.
Job responsibilities include support and coordination of activities as follows:
- Events: researching venues, coordinating food & beverage and AV systems orders, managing registration, and providing onsite support
- Collateral and marketing campaign production: submitting and tracking requests with internal creative teams; proofreading; and communicating with sales team when new content becomes available
- Direct marketing campaign coordination: list acquisition and scrubbing, in collaboration with sales; lead uploading to corporate automated marketing system; preparation and shipping of print enabled campaigns
- Customer reference coordination and support: assist with customer calls to obtain customer success story approvals, maintain customer profiles; respond to sales rep requests for customer references
- Field communications: develop and deliver consistent communications to sales and services team via internal social networking platforms to inform team members about marketing activities
- Process management: budget tracking and reconciliation; report compilation for external ad agency
Bachelor Degree or Community College Diploma in Marketing
- 1-2 years’ experience in B2B marketing; work in a cloud-based software organization a desired asset
- Articulate, strong written and spoken English; French an asset
- Team player, adaptable, perseverant and strong work ethic
- Analytical skills required
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required; experience with SalesForce a strong asset; knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, an asset.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Adwords or similar technologies, an asset.
- Track record of a customer-first approach to solving problems
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to get things done
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally within Canada and the U.S.
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.