Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
The Project Engineering Coordinator directly supports the execution of projects within Kite’s capital projects portfolio and assists in the development and execution of business systems and tools supporting Kite’s capital execution process.
As a core member of the capital project execution team, the Project Engineering Coordinator supports the Project Manager in project definition, planning, and coordination. Activities include coordination of specific project work streams such as team issues and action item management, reliability and operability assessments, equipment and services procurement, commissioning and qualification, and asset induction into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). This position also supports project stakeholder management, governance, and project reporting / metrics.
The Coordinator may serve as the capital portfolio manager for specific sites / functions and act as the project manager for one or more small capital projects.
In addition to direct capital projects support, this position will also support the development and optimization of tools, templates, and procedures supporting capital project execution at Kite. This will include the development of associated process guides, checklists, and training materials and support of rollout and implementation across various Kite sites and functional groups. The Coordinator will also support portfolio level metrics and management reporting.
Functions (Duty / Accountability):
Project Management Support
- Coordinate with project clients and stakeholders to define portfolio / project requirements and equipment specification
- Establish clear understanding of project roles and responsibilities, in coordination with the Project Manager and Project Technical Lead.
- Assist in project resourcing and team building activities
- Coordinate with Kite Sourcing and Procurement to forecast equipment demand, specify, and requisition capital equipment
- Coordinate with Kite Project Controls team to manage project scope, schedule, and budget
- Schedule and lead project team / work stream meetings
- Manage performance of project partners (architectural / engineering, construction management, trades, commissioning and qualification).
- Update project status reports and metrics
Capital Execution Process Support
- Network with project teams, management, and clients to prioritize areas of improvement
- Lead process improvement work streams from initiation to implementation
- Identify, develop, own and maintain capital project tools and templates to drive consistency in capital project execution
- Author standard procedures, process guides, and checklists to drive process compliance and efficiency
- Sharepoint, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Enterprise Business Software and CMMS systems
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- A four-year degree in an engineering or technical discipline.
- Five+ years supporting management of engineering and construction projects, preferably in the biotech / pharma sector.
- Proficiency in project planning and collaboration software tools (Sharepoint, Microsoft Project, Excel, 3rd party Construction and Drawing / Document Management Systems).
Skills and Background Preferred:
- Experience in biotechnology and pharmaceutical or related regulated industries.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills in a cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to work with multiple project roles and trades
- Experience implementing process improvement projects (e.g. operational excellence, process and value stream mapping,
6-Sigma, reporting and metrics)
- Self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Demonstrated success in past roles, acceptance of responsibility and career growth.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a professional attitude.