Kira Systems is a powerful machine learning software that identifies, extracts, and analyzes text in your contracts and other documents. Our software is intuitive and easy-to-use to uncover relevant information for some of the largest law firms, professional services and corporate companies in the world.
As a Technical Support Associate, you will be troubleshooting and responding to technical queries identified by the Support Team. Daily responsibilities will include taking an expert consultative approach to problem-solving by being proficient and comfortable in all the features and functions that Kira offers, advising clients on how to use the Kira API, and conducting training sessions when needed. You might be a SysAdmin that is looking to make a pivot, or a developer that likes direct client involvement.
You will be working with our Systems and Development teams and will need to love working with clients and thrive on seeing them informed.
- Supporting our infrastructure and application on client software during system up-grade periods
- Supporting client-hosted installations of our software
- Periodically assisting internal project managers as required
- Documenting client questions and incidents in Jira, Salesforce and other tools
- Tackling technical issues as they arise, partnering with System Admin Team when necessary
- Staying up to date on new product releases and features
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent working experience
- 1-3+ years as a technical support associate or a similar role
- Great written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with Linux server systems administration
- Natural curiosity in technical software
- Bonus points for fluency scripting for automating tasks (especially Bash, Ansible, and Python)
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It's hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it's terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
- It's early stage. So there are lots to still discover and develop - which makes for a great learning environment where you can build experiences and lots of opportunities for you to dig in.
- We are in the news! We recently received $50M USD Series A investment from Insight Venture Partners and have been named one of the 25 most sought-after startups in Canada in 2018.
- Lots of benefits and perks - you can read about them here: www.kirasystems.com/careers
While experience and skills are valuable - growth potential, values and attitudes are equally important to be a successful Kiran. If you're prepared to grow and aren't above doing anything (we're pretty low ego over here - we just do what needs to get done!), consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.