At Kira Systems, we strive to push the boundaries of machine learning, design, and experience. Our products help our users uncover relevant information from unstructured documents, augment their professional expertise, and in turn, fundamentally change how they work.
We are looking for talented, experienced designers to help solve an exciting software design challenge: you will play a critical role to deeply understand our users and customers in order guide the design and build of an enterprise product incorporating machine learning.
As a Product Designer, you will work through the full cycle design process, including user research to uncover and document needs and goals, ideation, prototyping, testing, and creating design assets.
You will closely collaborate with our Product Managers, Developers and Machine Learning Research Scientists to deliver new features and capabilities that our customers never dreamed were possible.
- Work closely with product managers to analyze user feedback sent through different channels.
- Collaborate with ux researcher to plan, design, and conduct user research and user testing.
- Work with product managers to evaluate the feasibility of a feature from a design perspective, and help scope and phase the development of each feature
- Explore and experiment with various design options within constraints, collaborating with product managers, developers and R&D teams.
- Design the flow, interaction, and interface of new features while keeping in mind the overall architecture and experience of the existing system.
- Make UX improvements to existing features according to user feedback as well as design heuristics
- Make sure designs are well documented for developers, answer questions developers may have as they build out the features, and tweak designs as needed during a cycle
- Define success metrics for UX
- Help contribute and maintain the Design System for the overall success and coherence of the product
- Be an advocate and educator for good design practice within the organization
- Stay up to date with useful design tools and design best practices
- You empathize with people. You always try to understand what people try to achieve, and you want to help them get there.
- You have experience designing information-dense products. Your design helped user manage and reduce complexity. Bonus if you have designed for a product that was used by domain experts.
- You have experience designing data visualization in a way that's purposeful and functional.
- In your work, you've extensively interacted with real users of your products, and you have learnt a few things from your own mistakes.
- You're evidence and data-driven. You don't make design decisions because it's trendy. You make decisions because they've been shown to be effective and they cater to the people you're designing for.
- You understand what makes a good user experience in terms of information architecture, user flow, visual hierarchy, and micro-interactions.
- You have proficient knowledge about web design principles. Knowledge of coding is a plus, but not a requirement.
- You collaborate well with different teams. You communicate and advocate your ideas, and you welcome critique and feedback.
- You have a passion for learning and continuous improvement. You're open to learning new skills and technologies.
- Building flowcharts, mockups, and polished designs with Illustrator or Sketch is of second nature to you.
- You have built interactive prototypes and tested them with real users, and understand the different levels of fidelities and when to best use them to get the feedback you want.
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It's hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it's terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
Meet us and figure out whether Kira Systems would be a great place for you too.
While experience and skills are valuable - growth potential, values and attitudes are equally important to be a successful Kiran. If you're prepared to grow and aren't above doing anything (we're pretty low ego over here - we just do what needs to get done!), consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.