Information Technology Manager
Vice President of Operations
The IT Manager is responsible for analyzing and directing all IT related activities of the organization with supervisory responsibilities for all staff assigned to the IT department. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination.
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities associated with the IT department including employee related issues.
- Deploy, implement strategies for overall technology program/systems that are on board.
- Understand wired/wireless technology and on premise / cloud infrastructure and network infrastructure.
- Monitor and maintain corporate networks, servers, desktop equipment and more.
- Research and evaluate current and new technologies
- Test and install software upgrades and new hardware.
- Collect and analyze network and system performance. Utilization, information and maintain system in optimal working ability
- Evaluate new vendors and business tools to enable compliance and disaster recovery
- Complete projects by coordinating resources with other departments and IT
- Mentoring and assisting junior technicians with critical issue
- Coordinate and maintain infrastructure, software and hardware, updates, on off peak hours.
- Act in alignment with end user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policies. Identify problematic areas and system gaps by implementing strategic solutions
- Audit system and assess outcomes and implications.
- Work closely with project managers on initiating, planning and executing projects.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and every level of management.
- Determine the goals of IT within broad outlines provided by the executive management and contribute to the continuity of computer services by providing necessary technical leadership and project coordination.
- Forecast costs, equipment and personnel needs for projects and programs as required and related to MIS operations.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in MIS technology and remain highly technically competent at all levels of data processing while striving for enhanced user productivity through implementation of new software technology where applicable, and the implementation of policies that more effectively utilize MIS resources.
- Prepare long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, and acquisition of the resources needed to support them. Assure responsiveness of long-range plans to corporate objectives.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Decision Making.
Information Technology Specialist
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Some travel will be required to the Headquarters in Toronto and to company restaurants.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of networks and applications
- Experience in supervision of IT teams.
- Experience in AD Policy and servers
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience is restaurant industry is preferred.
- Program languages are a plus.
- Experience with VMWare, Microsoft Suite, Active directory policies, Mac IOS and Android, remote desktop applications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent