Internal Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on 2019 March 22
Title: Regional Stroke Education Coordinator
Department : Regional Integrated Stroke Strategy
Position Number: 50033442
Hours of Work: Part-Time 70% Pro-Rata Position, Days
Pay Band: CSII $40.7679-$49.8274 per hour
Union : Non-Union
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
Leads regional stakeholders in the planning, implementation and evaluation of a regional stroke workplan addressing health system change and continuous improvement in stroke prevention, care, recovery and community reintegration.
This role works with both provincial partners (i.e. provincial stroke networks & CorHealth) and partners across the Region of Southeastern Ontario (i.e. Regional Stroke Steering Committee and associated cross continuum stakeholders) to identify, develop, implement, monitor, evaluate and sustain knowledge translation activities required to deliver best practice stroke recommendations. This includes planning and implementing health system change and new models of service delivery.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Active member of the Ontario Regional Education Group (OREG) as per the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Designated Stroke Services guidelines
- Participates in the collaborative provincial effort to plan, coordinate, develop and implement health care education programs and tools for the Province in stroke prevention and care. This includes participation in curriculum design and in a provincial process to ensure consistency and standardization of educational resources based on best practice and evidence.
- Monitors, evaluates and updates the current provincial stroke education programs as per the Ontario Stroke System and CorHealth Ontario
- Accountable for the allocation of the regional stroke education budget in collaboration with OREG and the Regional Stroke Steering Committee (RSSC).
- Together with the RSSC, leads a process to prioritize the educational needs of the region based on needs assessments and the regional stroke best practice work plan.
- Develops, implements, evaluates and coordinates the regional stroke education plan for Southeastern Ontario collaboratively with the RSSC. This includes education program planning, curriculum design, and knowledge translation, including implementation of health system changes and new models of service delivery and to meet best practices.
- Education consultant and coach for those implementing regional stroke education programs independently with regional stakeholders or as part of the larger regional plan.
- Accountable for the monitoring and allocation of the approved regional stroke education budget and associated plan.
- Links and coordinates educational expertise across the region in collaboration with the RSSC.
- Licensed member of a health professional college and/or member of the Regulated Health Professionals of Ontario
- Master’s degree in a health-related field (e.g. education, health leadership, project management, change management, quality, health research, business, health policy, public administration)
- 10 years health care experience including 2 years of experience in adult education, knowledge translation and/or change management.
- Clinical experience in delivery of stroke care with demonstrated knowledge of the stroke care continuum
- Clinical experience working with an inter-professional team
- Previous experience as a change agent with an understanding of organizational cultures
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolutions skills with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Strong consultative skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate; experience with audio-visual media, on-line learning modules and databases
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation available
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.