Canada’s fastest growing full service Media agency, located in Toronto’s historic Distillery District, is looking for Media Managers to purchase, schedule and negotiate commercial airtime on behalf of clients through a variety of stations. Core to this is the ability to build strong relationships with clients, stations contacts and colleagues to create a seamless, efficient process and successful outcome.
About the Job
The Media Manager will be the day-to-day contact on a variety of client accounts managing their TV budgets/campaign. The Media Manager will have a strong understanding of the client’s overall business and TV marketing objectives.
- Work within client budgets and parameters to plan and build media buys/proposals
- Allocate and manage media bookings
- Provide the most rate efficient media buys based on station availability while adhering to the clients spend levels and requirements
- Analyze station performance to measure campaign success based on client targets
- Using data and metrics, analyze reports for station/campaign performance and make recommendations for optimization of media campaigns
- Promptly respond to all email inquiries
- Communicate and negotiate with media vendors to ensure best rates and availability
- Research discrepancies as needed, i.e.: incorrect rates, campaign flight errors, etc.
- Maintain awareness of media inventory levels/media landscape
- Internally collaborate with all team members to execute efficiently
- Tailor buying approach as needed: traditional DRTV performance driven media or drive to web (URL)
These skills are necessary to be successful in this role
- 5+ years in Media Planning/Buying role
- In-depth knowledge of the media industry
- Rigorously detail oriented
- Time management
- Analytical thinker
- The ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced/deadline-based work environment
- Problem solving
- Customer Focused
- Good oral and written communication
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience with TV software such as Nlogic; knowledge of CoreMedia Direct a bonus.
Link to this job Location