This position oversees the revenue cycle (gross charges, patient insurance, collections, and adjustments), accounts payable, monitoring of operational efficiencies, and month end close duties.
- Reviews Ancillary Gross Charges, laboratory, radiology, equipment rental, pharmacy, and supply charges daily.
- Attends daily admission meeting to review insurance plans of new admissions.
- Maintains charge master for new charges.
- Reviews medical record, UDS record submission, and RGN billing statement for consistency and accuracy.
- Follows up with insurance plans on patient eligibility.
- Works with patients on self pay and payment plans as necessary.
- Works with patients and families in gathering information to apply for Medical assistance and other financial benefit programs.
- Supervises and verifies account postings for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs routine vendor inquiry function using RGN Accounts Payable software.
- Monitors CMI and FIM scoring for trending changes.
- Completes various journal entries and assists in month-end closing process.
- Assists with monitoring accuracy of charge capture procedure for ancillary services as needed.
- Verifies accuracy of patient demographic information as well as any necessary preauthorization numbers.
- Assists Controller with various expense analysis, charge analysis, and cost report preparation as needed.
- Verifies and approves of adjustments in ledgers for contractual adjustments and bad debt.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient information while performing charge review functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accounting degree or five years related experience.
Must be able to deal professionally with patients, physicians, visitors, and the general public.
Must possess a high degree of analytical ability and strategic thinking.