DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represents the Products Pipelines Central Region for all capital related tasks including assistance with project set up, completion reports and set up of retirements
- General accounting for operating expenses, including review and analysis of variances to forecast and actuals weekly and monthly.
- Complete understanding of Capitalization Policy and set up of AFE’s in the Consolidated Activity Request System
- Critically review AFE expenses and ensure proper asset handling for various categories including land
- Balance sheet account reconciliations and ensure compliance with SOX requirements
- Book Capital & Opex accruals into Lawson at month-end working under strict deadlines
- Tracks project costs against budget including committed and expensed costs, and the allocation of overhead to the assets.
- Continually evaluate the processes and make improvements on AFE set up and closures in connection with the Project Control Group.
- Review AFE listings and coordinating with Project Controls Group for status updates on AFE’s.
- Assist in the development of capital budgets, forecasts and variance reports weekly, monthly and annually as needed.
- Assist with audits both internal and external
- Conduct training on AFE process
Depending on candidate's skillset and experience, this position could be filled at different levels.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- At least 5-7 years previous accounting or finance related work experience
- Ability to analyze and perform variance analysis between actual and forecasted costs
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates good report writing and effective presentation skills
- Demonstrates solid understanding of policies and procedures that apply to assignments.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others and/or with limited supervision
- Ability to pay close attention to details, and present good planning, organization and time management skills.
- Working experience in the Oil and Gas Industry preferred
- Knowledge of Lawson financial software preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.