Kambo Energy Group (KEG) is a social enterprise that delivers turn-key energy solutions for commercial buildings and residential communities. We are growing rapidly to meet demand in the energy sector and are in the process of expanding across Western Canada and beyond.
Community Power is a division of KEG that works with indigenous partners to co-develop community-based energy and housing solutions. We offer consulting services, community energy an asset planning, energy efficiency upgrades, specialized technology, and community-based training. Through partnerships we create healthy and comfortable homes while supporting pathways to indigenous power and community sustainability.
A key role at Community Power, the Proposal Writer supports the Director of Community and Funder Relations in writing project proposals and funding applications. This role requires a skilled writer who is able to simplify complex ideas and adapt content to suit multiple audiences. The Proposal Writer will have an eye for detail and be diligent in managing timelines and competing priorities.
- Writes proposal content to effectively communicate project plans to diverse audiences
- Drafts funding application content to meet distinct application standards
- Presents proposal content in line with brand requirements including tone, readability and branding
- Meets proposal/funding deadlines by prioritizing and establishing dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval
- Aids in determining proposal scope and structure
- Works with energy team to identify and source required data for proposal/funding application development
- Maintains proposal and funding application databases
- Contributes to proposal template design and improvement
- Tracks client proposal experience and conversion rates
Core Competencies and Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in related field
- 1-3 years professional writing
- Strong computer software skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and adaptable
- Fast learner
- Able to communicate complex ideas in written form to multiple audiences
- Experience with government funding applications/grant writing an asset
- Familiarity with federal, provincial, municipal, indigenous-focused funding agencies an asset
- Knowledge of community energy management including generation and demand an asset
- Knowledge of indigenous histories and governance systems in Canada an asset