What you will do
Engaged in the preparation of detailed Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings to assure the efficient and effective placement of our products and systems.
How you will do it
- Read and interpret construction documents, including drawings, specifications and contracts.
- Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards to the design and/or layout of the sprinkler systems based on the building type, construction type, hazard classification and architectural features.
- Design and layout sprinkler systems using specialized CAD software packages that are based on the AutoCAD platform; coordinate sprinkler system piping with other building components and perform hydraulic calculations.
- Perform field check of completed design to verify accuracy.
- Work closely with the district contracting teams to understand the contract with the customer, the scheduling of the design process, and the delivery needs of the installation crew; coordinate deliveries of system materials to the job site to meet the optimum installation start date.
What we look for
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years experience in the sprinkler industry or related field
- Ability to solve basic math problems including geometry and algebra.
- Proficient in AutoCAD,MSOffice, and sprinkler design software (SprinkCAD/Auto SPRINK).
- Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards for Automatic Sprinkler System Layout.
- NICET certification preferred.
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions