Accountant I Position
The Accountant I position performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling moderately complex financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintains the accuracy of the ledgers and financial systems; and aids assigned clients and/or groups.
- Perform month-end and year-end close activities, from balance sheet and cash account reconciliations to financial statement preparation.
- Prepare monthly financial package and submit timely to the Finance & Accounting Manager, for review and approval in order to finalize reporting within the proper time frame for review.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a 2 to 3 property portfolio by deadlines established within Client Accounting Services and by external Client. Prepare additional schedules, which are required to support account balances or are specifically required by owners.
- Submit financial statements and work papers in reviewable form (including documentation) and within the proper time frame for review.
- Insure that all bank statements are reconciled on a timely basis and follow-up on all outstanding checks and reconciling items monthly.
- Perform reconciliation and true-up of funding vs. actual expenditures.
- Prepare and properly document journal entries.
- Prepare and track accruals and accrual entries.
- Assist with Budgets and Forecasts as needed.
- Assist with the calculation of fees (i.e. Management and Incentive) as needed.
- Responsible for cash management of assigned properties.
- Ensure compliance with both Jones Lang LaSalle Internal Audit and Client Accounting Services SAS 70 internal review standards.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
0-2 years real estate accounting experience preferred
Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced user of Excel (charts, pivot tables, vlookups)
Experience with JD Edwards platforms or other real estate financial applications desired
Ability to multitask, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client/corporate needs
Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
Understanding of and commitment to client services
A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment