What you'll do
JOB LOCATION CAN BE IN SAN BRUNO, CA OR HOBOKEN, NJ
Flawless Inventory Management is key to building a profitable and scalable e-commerce business. The Supply Chain Product Management & Analytics (SCPMA) team manages several core aspects of inventory management across Walmart.com and Jet.com, such as forecasting customer demand, purchasing to that demand, bringing end-to-end visibility to our supply chain performance, and working on special projects to optimize the physical supply chain.
The Product Manager, Supply Chain Systems has a demonstrated passion for creating efficient & highly functional systems to support supply chain operations for Jet.com and Walmart.com and build world-class supply chain systems to ensure that we always have the right products in the right locations for our customers. The role requires close collaboration with the supply chain operations team, software engineers, and other product managers. The ideal candidate will successfully align priorities across multiple operational, product, and tech teams, and drive these priorities to production. This role needs an experienced product manager who understands how software is built and impacts business operations.
What you'll be working on:
- Gather business requirements, design and define features, write specs and user stories
- Prioritize fulfillment system features & upgrades
- Build scalable and user-friendly systems to support supply chain operations, while remaining flexible in process design
- Help ideate big-picture vision for Jet and Walmart's supply chain systems, and drive toward this vision
- Collaborate with developers and product managers to continuously improve software development processes
You are a risk taker and a dreamer that delivers, doesn't take "it's not possible" for an answer, and has big ideas they can't wait to bring to life. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to have the pulse of what's happening in the world and staying "in the know." You have a passion for working with data to deliver actionable guidance and drive business performance. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies around where the only constant is change, and you thrive on taking ambiguity in stride.
Our team is small but mighty, which is why we are looking for a rock star Product Manager who will "leave no stone unturned - to identify the best possible solution" and will "do what's right for the customer" - whether internal or external.
How you'll know it's right:
- If you are a go-getter: You consistently work through barriers and drive projects through implementation...
- If you are an unrelenting problem solver: You love to create structure around ambiguous problems and provide simple, insightful solutions...
- If you are analytically creative: You're able to see & manipulate data to derive trends & insights...
- If you are intellectually curious: You are hungry to learn, dig deep, & drive projects from ideation through implementation...
- If you are able to see the big picture, but are not afraid to get in the weeds...
- If you are able to effectively manage & prioritize many objectives with minimal direction, and are comfortable with ambiguity...
- If you are a proven leader...
- Minimum 2-4 years of total work experience
- Minimum 1-3 years in a hands-on software product management role
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Proficiency with Excel and experience with SQL or other BI tools
Fulfillment, supply chain, or operations experience
- Experience in Scrum or other Agile product development
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world's largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.