Jet Pet Resort is 5-star pet boarding and daycare facility in Vancouver's North Shore. With 15,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor boarding, courtyards, lounges, and spa amenities this pet resort provides the ultimate experience for our pet guests.Jet Pet Resort is searching for a Facility Manager for our North Shore location. Jet Pet is a rapidly growing North American pet services company and market leader in our space.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is an animal lover and an experienced people-leader who has a sales, hotel, hospitality or retail background. You are passionate about providing an incredible customer/pet experience and growing your leadership skills. Your innate entrepreneurial spirit is drawing you to a place where you can make a valuable contribution, a place where you can really add value.In 3 - 12 months you are interested in having an ownership stake in this facility.
To effectively manage all day-to-day operations, run and grow inside sales, and lead a team of 15+ effectively. Ultimately, meet, and exceed the profitability goals for this facility on an-going basis. This role demands exceptional client service and consistent interaction with guests and the team throughout the day. You will greet clients, position services packages, lead perspective clients on tours of the facility and close sales.
- Passionate about dogs and ability to gain immediate trust and rapport with clients/pets
- Proven ability to handle a dynamic work environment, problem solve, and work independently and within a team
- At least 5 years of people management or supervisory experience with some post-secondary education, College or University degree is an asset
- An experienced people-leader coming from a sales, call centre, hotel, hospitality or retail background
- Leads by example, is hands-on with an entrepreneurial can-do attitude, is solution driven and open to new ideas
- Has worked in a variety ofcompanies and prefers working within smaller privately-owned, entrepreneurial companies with the ability to have a significant impact
- Friendly demeanour with an infectious out-going personality, a natural people connector with above average communication skills
- Demonstrated track record in direct sales and/or in customer service with responsibility to grow sales
- Passionate about providing an incredible customer/pet experience
- Flexibility to work more during peak periods, work weekends when needed and be on-call when necessary
- Expectation of continuous learning, increased self awareness and self improvement
- Strong desire to have an equity position in the North Shore location within 3 - 12 months
- Be accountable for all sales, profitability, and operational performance of the location
- Foster a culture that values transparency, accountability, excellence, and client satisfaction
- Communicate expectations and consistently hold team members accountable
- Lead service team to improve customer service and exceed sales goals
- Provide on-going training to inside sales team, help sales team effectively sell new services resulting in growth year after year
- Engage the team and make the sales process fun, initiate team building events to help maintain a positive working environment
- Provide coaching that develops talent and raises productivity and service standards
- Lead performance development planning and the performance management process
- Take initiative, provide positive feedback for work well done, reward top performance
- Engage and motivate team to grow careers within Jet Pet Resorts, be aware of existing and potentially new career paths within the company
- Contribute to growing Jet Pet's online presence to increase community awareness, increase walk-in and call-in traffic to ultimately grow customer base
- Motivatedto have an ownership stake in the company, continue to actively contribute to the growing success and reputation of the North Shore facility
Please note that our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading(tm), a proven method that allows us to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter, and resume in confidence.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and will contact those that have the required qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year