This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Develops and mentors associates inside and outside the team by assigning specific tasks to develop technical or business knowledge; assisting associates with completing assigned tasks; holding team members accountable for compliance with departmental network standards; ensuring all associates are advancing technically; recognizing team and individual accomplishments; conducting formal and informal training on various technical topics and project management processes; and providing subject matter expertise.
- Supports project management role by interfacing with Customers; representing projects to area project council; removing obstacles and barriers for team members; and participating in the budgeting and resource allocation processes.
- Develops technical solutions to meet customer needs by gathering requirements from customers; seeking feedback from customers and key stakeholders relative to their business needs; translating business requirements into network designs; reviewing business problems and driving solutions; and presenting potential solutions to the appropriate audience.
- Maintains and improves network stability by identifying new technologies; ensuring compliance with regulatory governance; initiating corrective action for support issues; initiating and driving requests for proposals; implementing complex network changes; designing, engineering, and documenting complex architecture and component configuration; developing design references; leveraging existing technology; and implementing and sharing best practices internally and externally.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered: Meet Internal and External Customer/Member Needs - Identifies the requirements, expectations, and needs of customers/members. Supports and aligns with initiatives, goals, and actions focused on improving customer/member service. Addresses the concerns and issues of internal and external customers/members. Uses customer/member data, analyses, and insights to improve customer/member-related decisions.
- Judgment: Demonstrate Professional Judgment - Researches and integrates relevant information and data, and uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Uses business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities. Probes and looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems and identify possible solutions.
- Execution and Results: Focus on Execution and Results - Aligns and pursues work activities to achieve the mission and business priorities of the organization. Shares information, practices, and resources across functions, organizations, and locations to improve performance. Effectively uses existing processes and tools to achieve performance objectives. Uses and explains major process steps to manage time, resources, and challenges to meet goals.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Performance - Develops and implements plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals. Develops contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems. Identifies and recommends ways to continually improve and streamline processes and practices.
- Influence and Communicate: Build Influence - Develops and presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one's perspectives and initiatives. Proactively shares relevant information and timely updates with appropriate people. Listens attentively and asks questions to ensure understanding. Researches information for and prepares documents and presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Model Ethics and Compliance - Complies with policies and procedures. Demonstrates ethical performance. Supports efforts to enforce compliance with policies and procedures.
- Adaptability: Adapt Professionally - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates and shares knowledge and skills to keep current in one's area of expertise. Embraces change and supports its implementation.
- Build Relationships: Form Relationships - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional and organizational boundaries. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Collaborates with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and functional areas to discover new perspectives.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays.
- Travels internationally to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring extended overnight stays.
- Bachelor of Science and 4 years network engineering experience OR Master of Science and 3 years network engineering experience OR PhD OR 6 years network engineering experience.
- 3 years experience building or implementing multiple types of infrastructure technologies (for example, routers, switches, servers).
- 2 years experience designing, leading, and implementing technology projects.
- 1 year experience troubleshooting network infrastructure problems.